Direct Express Fraud Services Dept. / unauthorized transactions totaling $1438.77

1 PO Box 245998San Antonio, TX, United States

On august 12, 2018, I discovered that someone had been stealing money from my social security account with direct express. I immediately called direct express and was on hold for over an hour. The operator who filed the claim did not tell me there was a time limit or what the time limit was. He went all the way back to january 2018, and told me the amount of the fraudulent transactions was $1052.00. He filed the claim for that amount. As soon as my card was cancelled, I lost access to my online direct express account. I had to wait 10 days before I received the copies of my statements. I filled out the questionnaire of fraud, filed a police report, went through every statement and circled all of the unauthorized transactions. The amount that I came up with was $1438.77. I mailed the documents to direct express, expecting the outcome to be in my favor.in late september, I received a letter from direct express fraud services department that my claim had been closed because it was past the 90 day time limit. I have been trying for months to talk to someone at diect express. I was repeatedly disconnected after being on hold for long periods of time. I have requested multiple times to speak go a supervisor, left countless messages, and still no one has returned my calls. When I filed the claim, it was the operator who told me the amount of the fraudulent transactions, and he did not tell me that there was a time limit. I asked later in multiple phone calls why the claim was filed for transactions going back to january 2018 if they were not within the time limit. I am beyond pissed off and do not intend to let this go. That account is my son's social security benefits, and I had intended to get him a car when he got his drivers license, which he did get in august 2018.