Dillards / employment

Pueblo, CO, United States Review updated:

Last year I began working for Dillard's, went through their training and everything was alright. However, I remember my first day out of training our store manager completely forgot about all of us trainees for the first three hours of our shift. There were only three of us in training and we kept asking what the store manager wanted us to do for our first day and they had no clue! Finally the store manager comes out and says they forgot all about us and then we started working in random departments. We were all told we would get a review in three months of working there. I however, never got presented my first review the 3rd month and no one explained anything about how the reviews worked at all. Looking at the form was like looking at information in bliss. I had to ask several times for someone to explain what everything meant so I could meet the requirements of my job. Another 6 months went by and my manager finally came up to me and said she had to go over my reviews with me. This was the first time I have ever been given a review and I was told that I was not meeting the sales quotas that are required. Not only that, I was told that if I didn't stay within 10% of my quota by the end of the month, that I could have a reduction in pay or lose my job. I was shocked. During that last three months of my 2nd review they had also had the wrong sales per hour quota amount entered in their database. I was only working part time and they wanted me to meet 296 an hour when other employees that worked full time only had to meet a quota sales per hour of 206. I informed my manager and they apologized but they never fixed it in the system back to what it was supposed to be at which was 191. Once black Friday came along I made many sales and was back in the green and I was meeting my quota. During that time other associates were taking customers of mine after I helped them for 20 to 30 minutes. Right after I would help a customer, another associate knowingly had rang up my customer. This was a huge issue and when I brought it up to the management they said they would talk to the other associate which never occurred. Other associates in my department were also struggling with this same issue. Two of my managers came up to me and told me I was doing well during that time and said I wouldn't have to worry about losing my job. Next thing I know, I go from meeting my quota and within literally a couple days suddenly I am showing under quota of over $5000. After that, I was told that I didn't meet my quota at the end of my review period and I was being let go at the end of the month. I signed the paperwork for my departure and they refused to give me a copy of what I signed and they said there was nothing they can do. This was devastating to me because it was literally the day after my grandmothers funeral. I never got a reduction in pay like they said they would do before thinking about termination and they told all their employees that they always do a one time chance to meet the quota if you don't meet it the first time and that never happened. They told me on several occasions that I was guaranteed a full time position as well, except for when I had to get rides to work that's when they told me that I can't get full time because I didn't have a car.

An
Jan 19, 2017

Comments

• Ca
      19th of Jan, 2017

They aren't known to be a very good employer. Go to the glassdoor website and read the reviews from former and current employees to see what I mean.