Diamond Wireless / insurance

Purchased insurance for Droid phone with credit card that had auto renewal annually and had no idea they would continue to bill forever. Paying for this insurance monthly payment $7.99 for all of 2014 and 2015 and two months into 2016 before realizing that this was an insurance policy on a phone that I no longer and was also paying for insurance with Asurion via my verizon wireless bill for the smartphone. This was a result of buying insurance through a verizon wireless store which is private franchise and then buying from a verizon store -- there is a difference. In any event was paying $7.99 to Diamond for a total of $207.74 and had no idea this insurance policy was in effect. Asurion would not insure the new phone I bought for $800 due to 2 losses in a year and even though had been paying for the Diamond insurance they would not cover the loss of the new phone because (1) it was smartphone and payment was $2 more monthly, (2) I lost the phone out of the country. I cancelled the insurance the only thing they did for me was credit the two months of payment for 2016. It was my responsibility to know I had the insurance premium payment for ever -- so guess it was also my responsibility to let Diamond know that had upgraded phones. And there is no way for verizon to know you had insurance with Diamond when they sell you asurion coverage.

Re
Mar 04, 2016

Comments

• Di
      Mar 18, 2016

Diamond Wireless would like to speak with you regarding your complaint. Please reach out to our Customer Service Department at [protected] during business hours which are Monday - Friday 9:30am - 5:30pm MST. You can also e-mail me my name is Stephanie and I can be reached at [protected]@diamond-wireless.com Thank you so much for your time, I look forward to hearing back from you.

• My
      Oct 25, 2017

Same infinity charge. Canceled 2 lines over 1 year ago. 1 line remained active because i updated the CC info for final bill. I was offered pro rated $9.31 refund if recording proved i canceled both lines after a review.