DHL, South Africa, Cape Town / dhl delivered to wrong adress with a correct adress on the envelop and don'tcare, do nothing, being making a fool of u

1 Russia Review updated:

We sent invitation and air ticket - (docs to apply to SA Embassy for visa) from Cape Town, South Africa to Saratov, Russia with DHL. They delived it to Tarawa, Kiribati, and it is already two weeks late, the air ticket is not valid for the Embassy already. They didn't care when we told them, they try to persuade us that Kiribati is in Russia!!!
I spent 50 USD on phone call from Saratov to Cape Town office, they didn't apologise and did nothing, it is still in Tarawa Kiribati, more than that, they asked me to call to Tarawa mysel[censored] (More expenses and more and more, I lost money on air ticket already)

The most bad thing about DHL is that they tell you "don't worry, it is under control of our tracking deparment" and you lose your time, because you think they are telling truth, but then in couple of weeks, no, THEY LIED!!!

Liers and arrogant stupid staff on the phone !

I wish I could look into the eyes of that person who makes such mistakes (or see whatever system make them) and what is an IQ of south africans in DHL office ???????????? They claimed they really don't understand where The Russian Federation is.

YOu pay DHL twice more than any other courier service because you trust them, and do such TERRIBLE THINGS for you and talk rude to their customers, and their site doesn't register complaints !

You never know where is your stuff, they never know when it will be where you are .

I WANT FULL COMPENSATION FOR AIR TICKET, MY EXPENSES ON CALLING, SENDIGN SMSES, AND I GOT CERTIFICATE FROM A DOCTOR THAT I WASN'T FEELING WELL BECAUSE OF DHL.

Think very carefully do you want to have all those trouble or not, when you are going to send something important with DHL .

Svetlana Sapozhnikova, Nafieh A.

La

Comments

• Bi
      18th of Sep, 2017

Lying and misinformation.

Shocking service. My paperwork has been kept in customs for 18 days. Was not informed of this. Contacted DHL South Africa last week, was assured all was sorted out and that the customs fee had been waived due to DHL not informing me of extra costs. It is literally impossible for me to pay the customs cost from China and the receiver is an institution, not an individual so they can not pay for it on their end. Today, found out this was not done and the paperwork is still in customs. Absolutely shocking service, lies and misinformation.

Official business reply

Dear Bianca,

I tried calling the contact number supplied without any success, please would you be so kind as to let me know when it would be convenient to contact you to discuss the complaint raised.

Please accept my earnest apology for the inconvenience and undue frustration caused by the delay.

Please provide me with your tracking / waybill number to assist with the complaint.

Kind regards.

Avery Visagie

Customer Care Executive

12 Sep 2017, 7:49
    6 days ago

18 Sep 2017, 17:30
    a few seconds ago
    MissBC:

After spending an entire week emailing and repeating myself in every email, the following transpired: 1. DHL China incorrectly filled in the waybill and labelled this as a package instead of documents. 2. As a result, the package incurs TAX through customs. 3. After telling DHL South Africa numerous times that I have no means of paying this as the channels they have as options are not accessible to me from China, I was told to please wait for a response. 4. The response paying is the only option I have. 5. No acceptance of fault from DHL. 6. Package is still in the holding station 7. It was supposed to be delivered on the 31st of August (this is part of my degree paperwork). Ergo: 1. I will post a complaint on here every day that this is not sorted out as a previous agent had promised me that this amount would be waived as this was DHL's responsibility. 2. I will be contacting DHL head office tomorrow and complaining directly to them. 3. I will be posting complaints on every single social media outlet until this is resolved.