DHL / worker being rude

1 Mount Angel, OR, United States Review updated:

i was walking down the street of my town, mount angel. a very small town. and i was wearing a halter dress, hair down, and flip flops. a DHL guy drove by me multiple times. the last time he whistled at me, and said "hey babe. come on in" i was very upset. he was probably in his early 20's... cute guy, but i would not like him talking to me like that, and trying to coax me into his truck, "to go for a ride"

We

Comments

• St
      23rd of Sep, 2008

You were "very upset"? Really? The driver was wrong, but maybe you should quit leaving your house, the world sounds too mean for you.

13th of Apr, 2009

maybe you should give him a treat for working so hard all day and taking time out of his busy schedule to look at you. tease!

• Ba
      21st of Apr, 2009

If you walked into a nighclub samely dressed and a young man made the same "overtures" to you, would you feel offended? I don't think you would. I think you would feel it was simply a part of the ancient code of "flirtation". Unfortunately, I am not sure that people in the enlightened 21st century even know what innocent flirtation is any more. Folks want to cry "sexual harrassment" at every turn (not just women but men too!) and our wonderful judicial system has taken the fun out of being a human being. There IS true sexual harrassment going on in the world, I am well aware of that and heartily condemn it; but in your case, I fail to see it happening. I'm sorry you felt offended, but even more sorry that you (and you sound very young and righteously indignant LOL) cannot see some of the humor in this. Perhaps it is myself, a woman who came of age back in the Swinging 70s, who is mistaken here. If so, I apologize. Good luck with the rest of your life!