DHL (Domestic Delivery) - Rochester, NY / I hate DHL!

DHL (Domestic Delivery) - Rochester, NY

I never use DHL unless it is the only option, as with Dell - I really wish they would change providers. Besides the fact that DHL's customer service is lacking, such as an obvious absence of care, and a rude demeanor, their actual delivery people are ridiculously lazy. We have the same delivery driver at my apartment building for all DHL deliveries. That being the case, you would think he would understand the intercom system that is used to get to any of the apartments. Yet every time I have a DHL delivery, I look up the tracking number to see that the driver claimed that "Consignee premises closed. Will attempt again next business day." I was here, all day, just like every other time they claim I am not here. When calling customer service to explain, yet again, that I should not have to call to cause a stink every time I have a DHL delivery, I was informed that I should "put the driver on the spot and ask him why he cannot figure out how to deliver to me." Way to throw off any responsibility there.

A  30th of Dec, 2007 by
I bought an electric wok from a seller on E-Bay. I was going to give it to my sister for Christmas!
The package was sent out on December 11. Was supposed to be delivered in 2-3 days. A week later, it still wasn't here. I got a call on a Saturday from DHL. They said they had a package for me with a incorrect addrress on it. Thinking the sender just made a mistake (as all people do!) I gave the DHL rep my correct address. She ASSURED me it would be delivered on Monday. Monday came, then Monday afternoon, then Monday evening...still not delivered. I went online to the DHL site and looked up the tracking number. It said the box was delivered on December 12 to the address 12030. My address was 12184. I called DHL to find out what the deal was. They told me to call back the next day since their computer system was down. Next day (Tues.) I check the website again. Still says the same thing! I call DHL again, they told me they had the right address (12184) and it would arrive that day! Tuesday eveng came and went, but the package never came! I called again! Again, this time, they told me the driver was unable to find the address. They ASSURED me (again) the package would DEFFINATELY arrive on Wednesday. It didn't! At 5:00 in the eve, I called them AGAIN, They told me they were still unable to locate my address! They also told me that I could go to their terminal (over 20 miles away!) to get it. Said it was waiting for me.
ANGRY and frusterared, I gave up and had to drive down there to get it.
As it turned out, the sender did put the correct address on the box. Someone at DHL misread the address and placed a DHL shipping label with the incorrect address over it so it was covered!!
I've NEVER had problems with FedEx, UPS or the postal service!
DHL is the most incompetent delivery service in the world!
A  17th of Jun, 2008 by
I hate DHL too! My husband's company does a lot of shipping through DHL, and on more than one occasion he shipped materials/supplies to a close associate, who requested that the delivery person put the boxes inside the gate of a residence (gate is never locked), due their weight and to secure them. The delivery person has yet to even attempt to open the gate. Moreover, an over-night letter was to be delivered at the door and the they tossed it over the gate.
Now whenever I use a delivery company, I will pay more to have UPS or Federal Express to ship it.

DHL Express Logo DHL Express