Detoxicant Acai Berry Product / Unauthorized Charge

I had a trial offer for 99 cents. When I signed up for the 30 day trial offer I was called and notified the trial would actually cost me about $40 a month. I declined the offer and the sales representative told me the product would be canceled. A few weeks later I found a charge in my bank statement for $87.13 from DETOXICANT ACAI BERRY PRODUCTS. The product was never mailed to me, I was still charged., despite the fact i said no to the offer. It took me 4 days to get a representative on the phone. When I finally did I was told I could not receive a refun without returning the product, and the representative that canceled my product did not to so, and was not authorized to do so either. This product is a scam, and they're very poorly organized and structured. I wasn't even able to speak to an actual person from the company, the representatives worked from India. I will give this company very very very bad reviews.

Comments

• Ev
      18th of Aug, 2009

I totally agree with this complaint, the offer was for a free thirty day trial for .99, then after you sumbit your request for the trail, they offer you a three months supply for a discounted rate at 87.13 and I answered no. I not only did not receive my trail product they also billed my credit card without my authorization for 87.13 and I never received any products from them, but I also never requested any products from them. I called the number provided by my credit card company and was told I could cancel mysubscription, but I did not order any subscription and was also told about some refund/exchange policy, but I never received products from this company. This is a total scam and what gets me the most is the credit card company is going to just let them get away with it.

• Mn
      26th of Aug, 2009

I was victim of this scam! i got the free trial for $4.95, i used it and wasn't imressed. So i tried to cancel it. The customer service reps told me everything is cancelled and then i get charged $39 twice when i never rec'd the product. It's so sad how these companies get away with scams like this. I'm telling everyone i know not to do anything online that hs to do with "free trials".

Also when i called this company, 1-866-976-1123, they have horrile reception! at one point reps were picking up the line, cursing, and then speaking to another customer while i was on the line, i kept saying "hello, hello, can you hear me?" and got no response. There is a delay when you talk to each other also.

Bottom line is that i'm spreading the word that this whole Berry/detox combo is bogus when done online!!!