Delta Airlines / 45 minute checking cut off time is a scam!
My family was scheduled to take Delta flight from LAX to HNL on 5/18/07 at 8:15AM for our Hawaii vacation. We were at airport 40 minutes before the departure time. I cannot checking to get boarding pass on self-checking machine, I was directed to the Delta direct counter, where they told me that we missed plane and there was nothing they can do to help me to get on this plane. Instead, they tried to book me with next plane with triple the price. I was so mad, they refused to issue the boarding pass to me 40 minutes before departure time. There were no indication of 45 minute checking cut off time in my E-ticket.
At the end, I think it is outrageous to pay triple price $3600 ($1300 per ticket) for next day flight. So we went home sadly. Everyone was so disappointed, specially my kid.
After we told our experience to one of the our friend who worked in airline industry, she said that 45 minutes checking rule is only for self-checking machine, not for on the counter. We should be able to get boarding pass through the checking counter. Another friend told us they had similar experience with Delta, which cost all their sky mile points to book the second flight.
I was so angry by knowing this. I felt so stupid that I trusted the Delta people that they were doing the best to help their customers. Actually the Delta people just try to ripe off their customers. No wonder Delta was just exit the bankruptcy. Mark my word, they will bankrupt again soon. I will do my best to avoid the Delta airline in the future.
More Delta Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Delta Airlines - Selling companion/buddy passes 
- Delta Airlines - con artisit selling delta companion pass 
- Delta Airlines - personal items stolen out of luggage 
- Delta - Delta Skymiles Redemption 
- Delta Air Lines - Changing name on skymiles account 
- Delta - changed the flight times
- Delta Air Lines - baggage fee charged to us
- Delta Air Lines - travel companion pass fraud
- Delta Air Lines - Phone Call with Supervisor
- Delta Air Lines - pilot scott w smith