Delta Airlines / Poor customer service in emergency

To: delta airlines - customer care division

Regarding: # 56 ex narita – japan 4/28/2007 – declared emergency

Passenger – tony w piche

Please find below my issue regarding the flight and most importantly what delta did (or did not do) following that occurance.

# 56 was full, and on take off ahead of a big storm, we had 4 rapid high compressor failures upon takeoff
And the pilot his support crew and the cabin staff were professional and top drawer. a huge hat tip to delta
For that side of it – very professional and making it count when they needed to.
I cant say that for the rest of delta from that point onwards.

We disembarked @ 17.30 and until 20.10 were in line at the airport being attended to by 3 folks 2 delta the rest jal staff to get accommodation sorted (you do the time math per customer), with a promise delta would contact us during the night about what to do tomorrow morning (via a note under the door) however that night or the the next morning :- nothing…. I call delta number that was provided, for 2 hours –no answer.

I eventually call my wife in the usa – (the hilton had said we need to check out the hotel), to see what was going on? she tells me that delta had booked me on a flight for monday afternoon. and I needed to go to the airport to get a delta hotel voucher for sunday night. I ntalk to some others and they have been put on flights korean air, united that day –sunday. to usa.

I go and do my own thing and eventually get a flight out on american air @ 18.00 sunday night arriving at my home on sunday 21.30 in cinci.

So, shame on you – delta.
for
- not taking full care of me, as a professional company that you claim to be.
- exceptionally poor communication (once we were off the airplane)
- I even live in one of your hubs – and american beats you on your own doorstep.. shame again.
- for no follow-up – how are you, sorry, nothing! (I am obviously a non event, just a nebulous pax)
- add injury to insult you remove that leg of my sky-miles even though we were wheels up!

Rest assured I am not even sure i’ll hear back from you. but all my friends, colleagues will hear from me about you.

Tony piche’
Paul mueller company
Springfield mo.

The flight was a declared emergency (high side compressor failure on r engine - boeing 777) crew were fantastic.

However, that is were it stopped. from there until we found our own way on the 29th on a american airlines flight tothe usa. shocking attitude regarding hotel voucher, and return flight. I called my wife stateside & delta in nairta were non answerable. I could not wait unitl monday 30th, on top of that even though we were airborne and endured a stressful beginning I see that delta has my flights as still "open" and has not granted flight miles even though we officially departed?
Delta's poor attitude to follow through and customer service is perhaps reflective of their actual care to customer care. I would like a response to your poor customer care and how in future delta will take care of me???

Comments

• Do
      9th of Dec, 2007

I recently placed an ad on craigslist requesting to purchase a buddy pass/voucher. An individual responded and identified himself as a Delta Airine Employee. He sent me his checking account number for Citibank. I literally walked into bank and deposited money. We communicated at least five time and finally I realized I had been taken for fraud.

SINCE THAT TIME I have reported this information to Federal Trade Commission Citibank; Delta Airm Line (though I seriously believe he is ot employed y Delta).

What is your advise to me as what I should do next.