Dell Financial Services / horrible customer service

I have had an account with DFS for about 4 years, since purchasing my first laptop back in 2005. I rarely use the account but my credit rating is helped by a longevity with a solid company. I got a new laptop a month ago using their pay no interest for 12 months promotion. I decided to go ahead and pay month to month so that there is some action on the account. Setting up the automatic payments, however, did not work. I never received any confirmation and sure enough a month went by and I got a call saying my account was past due. At this point I tried the website, but my login didn't work! The lost password function didn't work either as the website continually told me there was no one at my email address with an account. Frustrated, I called customer service, talked to two people, and all they could do for me is waive the late fee. So in the end I still have on my record a missed payment. As I got more annoyed they got more patronizing. Since no one would admit that there was a possibility that the company had made a mistake, I closed the account on the spot. Funny thing, after they go through the song and dance of trying to keep you on board, they send you a confirmation email telling you that if you change your mind just go ahead and reactivate the account. Dell is great, DFS sucks!

Comments

• Ni
      1st of Jun, 2010

Same thing happened to me. I never got any statements either.