Del Taco / awful place to eat

This evening I went into store 823 in Huntington Beach. I was the only person in line and waited 2 or 4 minutes before a young man who was busy chatting with the girls on the grill decided to help me. He took my order and I paid. While I was waiting a gentleman came up and waited for assistance. After 3 or 4 minutes a lady came out of an office area looked and me and this gentleman then walked away.

The gentleman waited a few more minutes then left in disgust. I asked to speak to the manager after I got my food as I was concerned about the level of service that I received and that the gentleman did not receive. I waited another 5 minutes before the lady that walked by earlier came up to the counter.

I asked her if she was aware that she had a customer walk out because he did not get any service. She looked at me quizzically and shrugged. Apparently she did not speak any english, or at least that was her way of dealing with an upset customer. I asked her in spanish if she spoke english and she said just a little.

When prompted if she was the manager she said yes, however I find it difficult to believe that she was the store manager. I would tend to believe that she was a shift supervisor and not a manager. I asked for the telephone number and name of the manager and she continued to pretend that she did not understand english and the young men and women who were preparing food were laughing.

Is this the way that Del Taco wants to treat its customers? Apparently so as this is not the first time I have had difficulty communicating with their staff.

I manage a staff of associates in a major retail environment and would not tolerate this type of interaction with any of our customers.

Va

Comments

Ra

well eat at home ok

5th of Sep, 2011

well if you complaint about evrithing eat at home

eat at home

Lu
  25th of Sep, 2015

Ramiro77, do you work at that Del Taco? Otherwise why would you be so rude? We all eat out and we want good service. Why would that bother you?

Re
  7th of Dec, 2015

This place is CRAP. I mean if you are going to serve a burrito, make sure it's warm. My CRAP taste better than this. Child molesters work here and crack heads. Dude they should serve pears, they are healthy as hell. Next time I get a cold burrito i'm throwing it at the mangers face. FORGET DEL TACO!!!

An
  17th of Jan, 2016

theyre the worst. I was harassed by a fat ugly black n*gger at the orlando ucf location. He abuses women and is a psychopath. The other workers around him too were weirdos crazies and demons...freaks work there..beware of the place