David's Bridal / Misleading, non informing

1 Greenwood, IN, United States Review updated:

I am 34 years old and finally planning my wedding. I've looked forward to this day for sooooo long. I made an appointment in February at David's to try on dresses. My mom, mother-in-law to be and myself arrived for my 10:00 am appointment. We were greeted and my consultant Brittney took over. She had me pick out 3 dresses first. I got all the attire on and knew that the 3rd dress was the one. She was very friendly and nice, but what I've found out is that she nor anyone in that store is very informative. My dress cost was $550. I was then told that if we chose for them to alter it, it would cost another $350. Brittney stated that even if we chose for David's to not alter my dress then we could still bring it back about 3 months prior to my wedding for them to steam clean and re-bead my dress. We had a lady locally alter my dress for around $100. There was still one aspect of the dress that the lady didn't do correctly. We decided to have David's make the last adjustment that was needed along with the other "promised" tasks. I made an appointment, took in my dress only to my horror in finding out that not only will they NOT touch my dress because someone else had altered it, but they will not Clean nor re-bead the dress as promised by my consultant. It does state that they will not touch an altered dress, however it is in a book that they give people who HAVE NOT bought their dress. I did not recieve any such book nor is it posted in their store for anyone to see. I went in, bought a dress, left with a dress, but no book. It's now my responsiblity to have seen a "paragraph" in this book that was never given to me and it took the alteration lady 15 minutes to find it. Not to mention that we were never told this. My mom and I have battled back and forth with corporate for a few days now but I will NEVER reccommend David's.

Cr

Comments

• Li
      23rd of Apr, 2009

David's Bridal in McAllen, Texas was a huge mistake for us. My sisters and I went in to the McAllen store to have my older sister try on a few dresses for her renewal service in July. She fell in love with the third dress she tried on but was apprehensive about buying it because that's just her. She constantly contemplates and shops around before spending over $100 on anything. When the manager came up to us to ask if we were being properly served she asked him what he thought of the gown. She started asking them about there return policy and he said made a face and claimed they don't normally do it but that they could refund it if it were within 7 days of the purchase. Four educated women heard him say this. My sister agreed to purchase the dress since he said we could return it. Well she ended up flying back to her home in California and decided three days later that she wanted to return it because it was too dressy for the wedding she was planning. She called the store in McAllen and spoke with a sales lady who said to go ahead and send it. But since she paid with her credit card she whoever went in to return the dress would have to have the number. My sister spent $50 to fedex overnight the dress to me so that it would make it back before the 7 day return. I went in to return the dress and called my sister so she would be ready with her card number and then the manager slammed me with it. He said they do not refund dresses for any reason. But he said he needed to speak with the sales lady who said that she could return the dress. My sister was so confused because if returns were not allowed then why would the lady have said to have her credit card number ready? Why wouldn't the lady have said flat out "ma'am we don't accept any returns"? Why would the man helping me not have been surprised when I said I needed to return the dress. He took the receipt from me, the dress and took it out of the bag! It wasn't until he did all this and hit a few keys in the computer that he finally said they do not accept refunds. Now does this make sense? If we were trying to pull one over on him don't you think we would have used a better cover story other then the dress did not fit the style of the wedding? We would have said the groom was dead if we were trying to cheat the store. This David's Bridal really gives a fabulous store a bad name. I will NEVER shop there again. We are currently filing a claim against the store. Sure the dress only cost her $218.00 but it's principal. If they have done this to US I'm sure they have done it to others and it is just not right. I'm not blaming David's Bridal but I'm blaming the Manager for practically talking us into a sale under false pretenses.