Dairy Queen / hard plastic in cake!

Portland, OR, United States Review updated:
I purchased a ice cream cake for my nephew's Birthday. First I could not even get someone to take my order over the phone so I asked if they could save one for me from the cooler, if they had one. Presents, games, Grandma's, my four year old nephew his little friends, make a wish and blow out the candles. Cut the cake and find hard pieces of plastic in the cake as we ate it.One of the children was choking on a piece, we thought we got it all but guess what appeared in the diaper. These pieces were very sharp. I sent a piece of plastic , pictures, receipt, and copies of other pieces to the insurance company. They were upset and wanted to know how I knew where they were located. I just looked them up the on PC. They now have told me after investigation that the plastic did not come from the cake or frosting. I am not a lair. This was in the cake I bought. This could of been a real bad thing.They don't seem to care. But I know what I know. Hard pointed plastic pieces. Found in Orchards DQ in Vancouver WA. I did not wash the plastic, so they should of been able to know it had DQ ice cream on it. They are calling me a lair. And I am not. Our family has always loved and enjoyed the cake's for years. But this makes me afraid to have another bite.

Comments

Ki
  10th of Apr, 2008
While I agree that any foreign objects in food items are unacceptable, it makes me wonder how those plastic pieces could have possibly gotten in there. What type of ice cream cake was it? was it a regular chillabration cake or a blizzard cake? Blizzard cakes obviously are made with blizzard blended ice cream which is made on a spindle type blizzard machine. Could be something accidently got mixed in or fell off the machine. Were the plastic pieces white or clear or some other color?

Also, some Dairy Queen restaurants no longer make their own ice cream cakes, they just use ready made blanks and then decorate them, so the plastic could have gotten into the cake at the place where the cake blanks are made and not at the Vancouver restaurant where you bought the cake.

I am glad no serious injury resulted from this experience. Did you contact the restaurant first to give them an opportunity to make things right or did you go straight to the insurance? Most DQ restaurants are locally owned franchises and the owners prefer to handle things locally, they want return customers and any problem is usually taken care of quickly and in a way that will leave the customer with the sense that their problem was taken seriously.
Al
  30th of Jan, 2011
I agree with other people because in EAGLE PASS TEXAS have bad employees and manger store they should have another manger to treat to the customer rigth and the employees to they need new people always have the same people. Terrble service they need someone go to check in EAGLE PASS TEXAS how treat to the customer service Firts thing FIRE THE MANAGER TO START NEW PEOPLE PLEASE. THANK YOU

Dairy Queen Logo Dairy Queen