Cricket Wireless / ported phone number

I left cricket due to terrible service and ported my number over to cingular. However, cricket has repeatedly given my phone number out to new customers as their phone number. To top it off, I can't get in touch with anyone to fix the problem. I can't call 1-800-cricket because I don't have an account with them. Cricket dealers can't help me and the full service stores don't answer their phone or returm messages. If anyone out there has been through this and knows what to do, please let me know.

Ma

Comments

• De
      11th of Apr, 2008

Phone: 858-882-6000
    Fax: 858-882-6010

corporate office

7th of Aug, 2008

I had to leave cricket myself due to service, bad phones, and when finally I didnt get any answers with the people from cricket, especially the ones from India who dont speak a word of English, I went to the Better Business Bureau and they help get another phone and of course it didnt work, but now I am gone from these people and I hope everyone will read this get away from this company they are as crooked as it seems.. they dont offer nothing good and it everyone would stick together and boycott this so called company believe me it would be worth it

31st of Jan, 2009

Try getting help from the FCC. Good luck!

• Vv
      12th of Feb, 2009

I had been a cricket customer for over ten years... Bought the newest phones they had and had insurance for each of them... Well the day came when I needed to "use" that insurance I had been paying on for many years... First I called the 1-800 number (joke) and they directed me to "the Signal insurance" where I spoke to a lady and she said my claim was approved and to go to a Cricket store to get my new phone.(Remind you that they didnt tell me there was an $85.00 deductable). So I went to the store happily because I thought " Wow that was easy" ... There a woman named Gladys told me that they had no phone there that was comparable to the phone I had and that I would have to go back to the insurance company... OK... So I did just to be told that I had to go back the Cricket store again... So I did where I now spoke with a man named Kevin who was also the manager of the store... Who directed me where?? You guessed it.. Back to the insurance company.. Now I work an hour out of town and I use phone alot.. (Hence the reason I have stood with Cricket so long)... And I need my phone in cases of emergency.. I even stated to the rep "Kevin" and "Gladys" that I will happily take a phone that is cheaper just because I needed my phone... All I got was the run around... So I looked for a Corporate email address to send my complaints... No luck... SO that is why I am here... Cricket has the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life and I am glad that I finally cut my service off with them. Word to the wise... Stay away from Cricket... I wished I would of...

• Ba
      13th of Mar, 2009

I go t the phone service for my son when he went away to college. He recently joined the military and bought a phone of his own.
    We had the phone discounted (or so we thought) by actually walking into a credit store.
    On February 13th my account was charged for another month.
    I called again on February 20th and was told we will take care if, I am turning your phone off. As well you need to send the your information in for the credit, It was to take 10 days.

I have know called back on March 13th, due to no credit. I have been told my request was denied, and my phone is not off.

I finally get someone in India, who is rude and not helpful.
    I was told my son has to request to turn the phone off, We walked into the store together, I have called twice. He is in basic training and can not use a phone. (Which is why it is off).

These people seem to be trained to take your money without any clear resolution, no one seems able to actual solve your problem.

Why have all these stores around town if walking into them means nothing.
    What happen to the customer is always right.
    You would think in these difficult economic times, business would be looking to keep your business as well hope there customer would give them great word of mouth.
    I would have too say, Credit is worse than Sprint when it comes to assisting the very customer they need to keep this business afloat.

Frustrated in Round Rock Texas
    Barbara

• Dj
      14th of May, 2009

I hear you!! My phone would no longer take a charge so i went and bought a new battery for 24.00... That did not work so i canceled my service and went back to the store for a refund. They told me since my account was canceled that I was "stuck with it" and I was stuck with the 52.00 I paid in advance for my service which i cancled before my service for the month even started!! I then emailed cricket and they told me to go back to the store which of course was stupid!! I tried to call 1-800-cricket and of course i couldnt get a live person. The managers name @ this corporate store is Brandon Hardyman and I am contacting the BBB and complaining. How can you not accept a refund when you have a receipt???
    Jennifer Payne
    djpaynekiller@yahoo.com

• Lo
      2nd of Jun, 2009

I have had the same problems with Cricket. I left them and transferred my number to my T-Mobile service, last year. Cricket continues to assign my number to new customers despite having been called directly by someone in management who assured me he would take my number out of their system. It's an on-going source of frustration.

• Lo
      2nd of Jun, 2009

I have located the company that owns Cricket, and contact information:

Leap Wireless
    Headquarters
    10307 Pacific Center Court
    San Diego, California 92121
    Tel: 858-882-6000
    Fax: 858-882-6010

• La
      27th of Jun, 2009

I got a we miss you postcard come back to Cricket... Offer was to pay $20 and Cricket would wave any amount due on account to reactivate. I called the customer care line. Was told a specific address to go to for it to be activated again. Went to that address. At that place was told to go to a different Cricket store in another town. I went there waited for 2 hours to be told by a new rep he cant do it but his manager would be able to assist but the manager isn't in. So I went out of town again when the manager was there 1 day later and they manager told me the card expired today even though I came in yesterday. I am calling corporate headquarters to report this.

• Di
      6th of Jul, 2009

During this last Christmas, I bought my neice a Cricket phone and had it sent to her home that is located in Porterville, CA. Approximately 3 weeks after Christmas, the phone breaks into two pieces. My sister goes to the local store and they tell her that they will give her credit towards a new phone. She agrees to buy not only my neice a new phone but herself also. The store personnel told her the only way to get a family plan is to cancel the previous account (the phone and number that I bought her). The store clerk actually threw the broken phone in the garbage can in the store. They called me and told me what happened. I said ok. In May, I noticed a charge on our checking account that did not make sense. According to my bank, it was a charge for monthly service for Cricket wireless on the original Christmas phone. I hadn't noticed before because the bank statement said Wireless. I thought it was our service. They took out $270.00 and I can't get anyone from Cricket to take care of this. The Store says the employee didn't cancel the account and is not longer with them and because of this, they can't do anything. A $60 Christmas present cost us $320.00. We never authorized monthly service and from the beginning of January through May, there was absolutely no activity on this phone number or phone. They refuse to make it good. Whey would anyone do business with them!!! Dissatisfied in Salinas.

• Pi
      24th of Jul, 2009

I have had my Cricket phone for 5 years rarely have a problem ... until now ... everyone I know who had Cricket phone left them for Boost Mobile ... I stood by my phone company until last month after making my ever inflated payment (seems they add thing to your account that you might enjoy!! how do u enjoy them if u don't know you have them???) they shut my phone off at midnight ... I did not realize this until the next evening so I drove 15 miles to the Cricket store and they appologized and turned my service back on instantly ... no big deal I thought ... this month I make my payment and the next day my phone is off ... AGAIN???? So I drive to Cricket and they say oh so sorry it is back on now ... and so it was for 2 hours until Cricket closed and my phone was shut off again ... that was Monday every day this week I have been into Cricket to have them turn my phone back on they will not refund the money I paid and they won't leave my phone on!!! When I complained and told them that I liked my Cricket service but that the customer service left something to be desired and I am not above cutting off the service and going to Boost Mobile they actually told me to go ahead!!! I spoke to India they hung up on me twice before ... I am going to Cricket today to see whose ### I shove this phone up!!! PISSED OFF

• Wa
      13th of Oct, 2009

CRICKET- Bad phone service, BAD PHONES, BAD representatives... BAD COMPANY... doing BAD BUSINESS...The sad thing is it isnt simply CRICKET operating like this.. More and more companies are taking advantage of the consumer.

I'm curious as to which banks found Crickets "business" plan/model acceptable enough to loan them and or their "independents" money to start up this ridiculous excuse of a company...THOSE idiots should be held responsible also...

Probably the same banks that loaned money to UNQUALIFIED homeowners JUST to put the fat commission checks in their pockets..

IF everyone in America pulled their savings from all the banks and started to pay cash instead of having checking/savings accts it would be no time at all before they all either went out of business or had NO CHOICE but to start "playing" fair...I'm assuming they would choose the latter.

We consumers need to realize we HAVE all the power...WE control what they do to us... If everyone cancelled their services which are OUTRAGEOUSLY priced or cancelled business with companies who take advantage of their customers, than these companies would have NO CHOICE but to start lowering their prices, increase savings/checking acct interest rates, honoring warranties, provide the actual services they advertise FOR the price they advertise OR go bankrupt... I'm for the latter to teach them all a lesson...

WHO cares what happens to the "consumer" once they have our money is the attitude of aLOT of companies these days... They dont give a crap about customer satisfaction because it is GREED that runs this country now... I think we all start showing them how GREEDY WE can be with OUR money and simply stop SPENDING it on and giving it to these so called "businesses...

• El
      13th of Jan, 2010

I bought a phone for my 9 year old grandson because Cricket seem to have the best deal. I was suckered in by the free phone that didn't work properly so I called to have the service discontinued. I was shocked the next month I received a bill for over $100.00 after I had paid the bill in full. It was almost impossible to reach anyone who could help me but when I did after over 30 minutes of explaining they had made a big mistake because I had the phone turned off so there was no service. I was told that I would receive a refund in 7-14 business days to this day I have not received any refund and what is really scary they asked me for my credit card information. They said it was necessary to process my refund. I was scammed by a company who is taking advantage of people and there is nothing we can do but one day they will fail because of their unethical ways of doing business.

• Up
      24th of Jan, 2010

You will not like me when I am angery. I am dissapointed and upset with the service I have recieved from Cricket and its staff. I plan to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and I encourage anyone with simular problems to do the same. I am sure that cricket has many angry customers, because of thier poor ethics and sly work habits. It is only a mater of time before they are taken to court.

Here is the link to the Better Business Bureau where you can express your problems with Cricket.

• Ia
      15th of Mar, 2010

You think you had problems, my phone crapped out after 3 years, I had a Motorola razor, nice phone, went to a store on 1830 George Dieter, El Paso Texas, that was my first mistake, they didn't have any new razors but he had a used one, well if it works, I am happy, I paid $125 got home and the phone freezes up, turns its self off and on, if you plug in to charge it, it beeps every 5 seconds and then turns itself off and on every 9 seconds, I went back to the store and he said it was the battery? well he changed battery and said its fine, I said, no its not, you look at it for 1 min and say alls fine, I have it all day and its not working, while it turns itself off, I am missing calls, finally I took it back, store didn't open till way past 1300, sign said open 11 am? had to go back next day as his employee could not do anything?
    I said when will he be in? tomorrow, I was told he is sick today, Another lie.

I go back next day and he looks like he could run the 100 mt dash in 5 seconds, he
    changes it out for me and flashed another razor, I go home charge it, same deal, same problem as the last one, its killing my business missing calls and wont show the missed calls, I called the store and left two messages, never returned, no surprise! I go to the store, a new employee same as the last, cant help me, Gee, never saw that coming, I said can you call the owner, he said he does not know how to contact him, Mmm, after 11 years in Law Enforcement, I have seen at all and heard it all, if you going to lie, make it a good one. So I said if your store was on fire, after calling 911 you would have no idea how to call your boss and tell him the stores on fire?
    He had a blank look on his face like my goats waiting to be feed.

I went back at closing time and less then 10 days after he changed the piece of crap he first sold me, without asking how long I had the phone, he said, OH sorry its out of warranty? so how long was warranty? he wouldn't say, its not on the receipt, what a scam artist, so now I have to go to small claims to get my $125 back and fees, All I want is a phone that works or my money back, is that so hard?

Cricket store owners are great Scamers & great liars.

• Mz
      22nd of Mar, 2010

I just started services w/ cricket on 3.4.10. my phone was never activated even though the sales rep collected a pymnt for 1st month of srvcs + activation fee + T&S..I couldn't dial out or recieve calls in..Called c/s/r conncected the phone...Day 2 my web wasn't connected. day 4 I noticed my voice mail wasn't working..Day 6 The picture mail wasn't working.I've made several calls to them and the c/s/r do not speak english they are reading off of a script.I've been waiting for a tech call back for over 2 wks now and a sup call back for well over a week now.I finally called corporate and talked to a representative that speaks english and is telling me that they'll esc my issue..It's not worth the problems, headaches, and numberous phone calls to get cricket service.The customer service is horrible, the supervisors don't even know corporate contact information or flat out refuse to give customers that information.I am so ready to cancell this crappy service and just go back to Sprint. I encourage anyone who's had problems with them to call corporate office contact phone number at 858-882-6000. It's a shame that paying new customers can't even get services we're prepaying for...I'm so frustrated with them and the constant lies to get over and avoid resolving my problems..I can gaurantee you that if you don't pay the bill you get disconnected well I feel the same way too...If you can't provide me serivces for a phone I'm paying for give me my full refund and we can both chop this up as a lost...DO NOT GET CRICKET SERVICE IT DOESN'T WORK WHEN YOU PAY FOR IT...

• Aj
      20th of May, 2010

I tried to pay my Bill for two days. I put my credit card number on mycricket.com 6 times. it was all declined. I called in and gave them the credit card numbers over the phone twice, it still did not go through. They kept saying that my credit card had a problem. They keep telling me you might of put in the wrong information, the wrong zip code. Im sure 100% that there is no mistake, because I did it eight times. And the zip code and address is the same for the past 4 months. And I do not have to put in my address, everything is saved on the web page. Then to double check if my card is working I paid my cable bill online and it went through. So, I called back again they said maybe you have restrictions. I have had the credit card for ages and nothing changed. They said goto the store. I went to the store the 2nd day, and as I went in they said you will have to pay 7$ extra fees and charges because your not paying online. I told them I should not be held responsible, they said its not our fault . SO I left hime and I called the bank, and the bank said all the transactions were authroized of a total of 8 times. And the bank is not stopping your payment. Then I get the bank and cricket on a three way call, and the bank hears me giving cricket all the credit card information, and the transaction appears to go for 13 times, and it shows up with cricket as declined. So the guy tells me go to your nearest cricket store. I told him there will be a 7 $ fee, call them. He said I cant call them. Just tell them to check your account and I will note your account. I went back to the store. The guy said no its not our fault. I told him you can call cricket Customer service to verify I am saying the truth. He said I do not have time for this BS. So i called cricket twice while I was there, and the guy over the phone tells me give me your card number over the phone. I told him we already tried 12 times or more, so he said go to your bank and check. This moment I decided to not continue with Cricket! I went back in to the store, and I told the guy I was not trying to beg you to wave the 7$ fee. I was trying to proove that my card is really working well, and that If I pay cash this month, what assures me I won't have to pay cash next month and go through all of this once again. He said OK you proved it, either go get another credit card or Im sure Disconnecting is the best choice. This was the shop in Edmond, OK on Santa fe street.
    Bye bye Cricket, and thanks very much for the rip off, and the connecting fee, and purchasing a 200$ phone .

• Ti
      24th of Jun, 2010

Hello Cricket customers,

The Cricket location at 8805 Woodyard road Clinton, Maryland 20735 is posted on the Cricket Website as an official representative, however, they do not honor any of the Cricket contracts. They take advantage of the perks involved with free adverstisement but they made it crystal clear that they will take your payments but will not replace faulty merchandise. They were very rude and disrespectful. Actually the hispanic guy in the store was flat out racist. I have reported this location to the Clinton police department and the better business bureau. They had derogatory things to say about the African American race. After paying insurance on a broadband wireless device for over two years they refused to replace the product after coorporate office sent me to this location. So from one customer to another please don't patronize their business because once again they do not honor Cricket contracts.

A hurt and disrespected Cricket customer

• Gr
      6th of Aug, 2010

All of the major points that everyone has complained about have also been our complaints with Cricket. It is impossible to reach anyone at their 1800 number and their alternate number has been disconnected. In five months of attempting to correct all of Cricket's errors, I was able to speak with a live person once but she was unable to speak English. The Cricket stores are just as shoddily run. They do not answer their phones, and they close their stores at varying hours that are not listed. We have been to the nearest store six times and they appear to solve our problems, but the same problems with billing, batteries, receiving calls for the last person that had our number, and trying to set-up voicemail continue. The internet site for our account continues to post the wrong acct info but under our name. Has anyone been told on the 1800 recorded voice that they do not recognize your name, address, last four digits of your social, your Cricket tele #, and your account number? It is truly unbelievable! Today, we will attempt to visit the store and cancel our phone. This should be another horrible experience judging by the comments of others that have attempted to cancel service. Wish us luck. The Better Bus. Bur and our states atty will be receiving our complaints and also a copy of the complaints listed on this site.

25th of Aug, 2010