Credit One Bank / illegal billing practices and harassment

1 NV, United States Review updated:

First off this company has been known to rip people off and they have lawsuits coming out the a**. File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and Office of Thrift Supervision.

I have one of these cards, i was late on a payment by 2 days and was charged a late fee (which i understand) so my account went to -$38 due to the $32 late fee they charged me, well today i went to check my account online and see if they received my payment of $100 that i sent early this week and i noticed my account was now at -$111, how did it go from -$38 to -$111 basically overnight. Customer service gives me the run around or cant explain why.I threatened to file a complaint on them with the FTC and BBB as well as the FBI.They quickly hung up on me...how's that for being professional.

They refuse to fix the mistakes on my account and when i said "ok i want to close this account" they said there would be a fee to close it, and they wouldn't close it until everything was paid up.

Anyways my credit line was only $250.00 but they are now claiming after calling back right now that I owe $366.00.Granted i was only late a $20 payment by 2 days

After doing some research i found out Credit One has been known to sit on payments just so they can charge people late fees and other ridiculous charges. Example the first month i had this card, they didn't process my monthly payment until 2 weeks after the due date, funny thing is i sent it a week and a half before it was even due and i have bank receipts to prove it.

These people have been sued before by the government, they were ordered to pay back millions in money they took from unsuspecting customers, however they just changed their name to Credit One Bank in hopes to avoid paying any money. They were known as First National Bank Of Marin.

Te

Comments

• Am
      14th of Jul, 2009

I too have problems with credit one bank... I was late on a payment (take into consideration the I only used my card ONE TIME at the gas pump for $10 dollars the whole time I had it) once by a week and was charged $32 dollars THEN i got charged $40 dollars for some annual payment when i had only had my card for 3 months... I called them and told them to take it off cuz i was not paying it what did they do give me another late fee. I told them to close my account and they said they did NOPE they didnt I just kept getting late fees for stupid stuff I now owe them over $300 dollars. I have no clue what to do, can someone help me??? PLEASE!!!

14th of Jul, 2009

Oh and everytime I call they speak spanish half the time... Maybe this company is in someones basement... who knows these days

CREDIT ONE BANK IS RUINING MY LIFE THEY CALL AND CALL AND CALL ALL DAY LONG

• Te
      23rd of Aug, 2009

I feel your pain Amy, i recently sent in $75 payment but they charged me $62 in late fee's and over the limit payments, however they cashed my payment on time so i should never have been over the limit in the first place.It's fradulent billing for sure.

My account statement(from their website) looks like this:

Aug 18/09 $75 payment received

Aug 20/09 $62 fee's and charges ($30 late fee and $32 over the limit fee)

This crap is so illegal it's not funny, they act like most of us customers are to stupid to pay attention or realize what is going on.

20th of Sep, 2010

try and speak with any supervisor and dont hungup until you get resolution.try and call on saturday.customer service number (877) 825-3242.

• Sp
      9th of Dec, 2015

This company calls me constantly at all hours of the day. I eventually started blocking the numbers they're calling from, but they keep calling from different numbers. Even when I make payments on the account, I get multiple calls. This is getting ridiculous. I have reported them, so we'll see what happens.