Credit One Bank / illegal billing practices and harassment
First off this company has been known to rip people off and they have lawsuits coming out the a**. File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and Office of Thrift Supervision.
I have one of these cards, i was late on a payment by 2 days and was charged a late fee (which i understand) so my account went to -$38 due to the $32 late fee they charged me, well today i went to check my account online and see if they received my payment of $100 that i sent early this week and i noticed my account was now at -$111, how did it go from -$38 to -$111 basically overnight. Customer service gives me the run around or cant explain why.I threatened to file a complaint on them with the FTC and BBB as well as the FBI.They quickly hung up on me...how's that for being professional.
They refuse to fix the mistakes on my account and when i said "ok i want to close this account" they said there would be a fee to close it, and they wouldn't close it until everything was paid up.
Anyways my credit line was only $250.00 but they are now claiming after calling back right now that I owe $366.00.Granted i was only late a $20 payment by 2 days
After doing some research i found out Credit One has been known to sit on payments just so they can charge people late fees and other ridiculous charges. Example the first month i had this card, they didn't process my monthly payment until 2 weeks after the due date, funny thing is i sent it a week and a half before it was even due and i have bank receipts to prove it.
These people have been sued before by the government, they were ordered to pay back millions in money they took from unsuspecting customers, however they just changed their name to Credit One Bank in hopes to avoid paying any money. They were known as First National Bank Of Marin.
More Credit One Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Credit One Bank - fraudulent billing practices! 
- CreditOne Bank - credit card scam! 
- CreditOneBank.com - can't reach any cancellation dept! 
- Credit One Bank - cannot cancel account 
- Credit One Bank - can't make a payment due to website and app down 
- Credit One Credit Card - credit card
- Credit One Bank - text message stating my account is late/ site and app down. phone number busy 
- Credit One Bank - re: action needed for wells fargo business account application. need negative mark removed from my credit report.
- Credit One Bank - company as a whole
- Credit One Bank - credit one bank refused for me to make payments