Credit One Bank / bad business practices!
I requested via phone line a final payoff. That means the TOTAL amount to close the account. No problem right, well as I was talking to them and gave all my bank information the neglected tell me that there was a service fee of $5.95. After I looked at my bank records they did take all the pay off, so I assumed I was finished with this bank. WRONG!!! Earlier this card was lost and I put a freeze on the account so I was trying to pay it off. Little did I know that after I did they would add the $5.95 service fee to the card. I never received a bill stating this. So after it was late 60 days and still no bill I found out while checking my credit that it went up to $36.00. I contacted them immediately and asked to pay whatever it took to completely close it and for them to remove the late off my credit. Guess what no such deal. I am trying to buy my first house and this has caused a huge mess to my credit. I am a veteran and still in the Military with several deployments overseas, and another coming up. For once I would like to be living in a house I own. Thanks Credit One Bank for helping out. Also to Mr Lamb at the Credit section next time try to be more understanding over a petty $5.95.
More Credit One Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Credit One Bank - fraudulent billing practices! 
- CreditOne Bank - credit card scam! 
- CreditOneBank.com - can't reach any cancellation dept! 
- Credit One Bank - cannot cancel account 
- Credit One Bank - can't make a payment due to website and app down 
- Credit One Bank - text message stating my account is late/ site and app down. phone number busy 
- Credit One Bank - re: action needed for wells fargo business account application. need negative mark removed from my credit report.
- Credit One Bank - company as a whole
- Credit One Bank - credit one bank refused for me to make payments
- Credit One Bank - credit one visa card