Credit One Bank / identity theft

1 ID, United States Review updated:

I am trying to refinance my home and found a write-off from Credit One on my credit report. It has never been there before. Apparently, someone using my name and SSN decided to open a card and not pay for it in 2001. Now the charges have been written off, and Credit One thinks I need to deal with it.

I've filed a police report, and can't get through to the fraud division to talk to a live person. All I get is the answering machine. When you call the customer service people, they don't have a clue. Archive people are snotty, and tell you that it'll be 7-10 business days before an investigation is complete. Well, hello! They say they will check to see if I activated the card or not. I never had the card in my possession. How in the name of green grass would I have activated it? The person who ran up the charges did! He/She was apparently quite good, as they did the same thing at a hospital while I was on a road trip out of state.

Does anyone ever have any luck resolving anything with this company? Or do lawyers have to get involved?

Comments

• Pi
      27th of Apr, 2009

I just received my third phone call from these people claiming that I owe them $800. I have never even heard of these people before. I asked for teh last four digits of the social security number of the person they were chasing and they were not mine. However, they did get our unlisted phone number and they did call me at work. Where did they get that information from is beyond me. Next step is our attorney. We recorded the third call where I shared with them that it is against the law to share the debt of one person with a third party. I would never do business with this company if they were the last company on earth. I hope someone busts their balls!