Credit One Bank / identity theft
I am trying to refinance my home and found a write-off from Credit One on my credit report. It has never been there before. Apparently, someone using my name and SSN decided to open a card and not pay for it in 2001. Now the charges have been written off, and Credit One thinks I need to deal with it.
I've filed a police report, and can't get through to the fraud division to talk to a live person. All I get is the answering machine. When you call the customer service people, they don't have a clue. Archive people are snotty, and tell you that it'll be 7-10 business days before an investigation is complete. Well, hello! They say they will check to see if I activated the card or not. I never had the card in my possession. How in the name of green grass would I have activated it? The person who ran up the charges did! He/She was apparently quite good, as they did the same thing at a hospital while I was on a road trip out of state.
Does anyone ever have any luck resolving anything with this company? Or do lawyers have to get involved?
More Credit One Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Credit One Bank - fraudulent billing practices! 
- CreditOne Bank - credit card scam! 
- CreditOneBank.com - can't reach any cancellation dept! 
- Credit One Bank - cannot cancel account 
- Credit One Bank - fraudulent charges 
- Credit One Bank - credit card
- Credit One Bank - phone calls
- Credit One Bank - payment 
- Credit One Bank - billed for debt not owed
- Credit One Bank - billing