Cox Communications / harassment
I took Cox service in 2012 with rental modem. I was been charged 6.99 every month for the same as per plan. In July 2013, I then purchased a modem from third party who was also using cox. I was unable to use that modem on my account as that modem was register to that sellers account. I then had a conference call with Cox (Me, Cox and the seller) who then transferred the ownership of the modem to me by sharing the serial number, MAC, etc and then cox modified the configurations on their side so that i was then able to use the modem. I was enjoying my internet service with no billing issue (as it was my own modem, i was no more charged for rental charges of $6.99 every month). Now, in April 2015, i relocated to Columbus where they do not have their service and hence I had to disconnect service with them. Since then they are now following up with me saying that it is their modem and i have to pay them or return the modem.
1) if it was their modem then why was i not been charged monthly rental for last 2 yrs, since July 2013 ?
2) If the seller cheated on me, then why did they didn't shared / allowed the transfer of modem over the conference call in July 2013?
3) why are they now realizing after 2 yrs that it is their modem, which is totally wrong...
It is clear that they want to harass me and try to get some money from me as I am no more their existing customer.
Friends, they have forwarded this to recovering agent and I really need guidance from you all to come out of it cleanly and also COX should know that this isnt the ethical way of doing business. Please suggest / help .
More Cox Communications Complaints & Reviews
- Cox Communications - service and billing fraud 
- Cox Communications - mcafee security suite false advertisement 
- Cox Cable - hdmi connection 
- Cox Communications - 100.00 rebate 
- Cox Communications - above the law 
- Cox Communications - bungled new installation of the triple-pay package and billing for a service that I don't have
- Cox Communications - 0018501048338803. account number for jane e. buikstra, 114 e. 15th st.
- Cox Communications - channel ksn 3 in wichita ks
- Cox Communications - internet
- Cox Communications - internet service