Cox Communications / scientific atlanta cable cards

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I've been a TiVo subscriber for 11 months and I’m using the HD DR with two Scientific Atlanta cable cards provided by Cox Communications. On four occasions within a six month period one or both of my cable cards have needed to be replaced by Cox. Each time this happens we loose the opportunity to see several programs we thought were being recorded – then we loose our service for the three days it takes for Cox to make the repair – and then someone needs to be home for three or four hours waiting for the repairman. To say that this is an inconvenience is an understatement.

We are not accustomed to buying inexpensive equipment with unreliable performance. Our lifestyle is quite the opposite and this lack of reliable service from a piece of TiVo equipment or Cox Communications is very frustrating. I don’t know whose equipment is at fault – Cox says it’s TiVo and TiVo says it’s the Scientific Atlanta cards. I find it hard to believe that with all the cable subscribers using Scientific Atlanta cards and TiVo in this country that an incompatibility between these two pieces of equipment would be tolerated.

If the problem is with TiVo, I would appreciate some proof of that from Cox to use against them to force their prompt solution. If the problem is with Cox and their Scientific Atlanta cable cards, I want a full credit for my subscription fees for the past six months and to know what is being done to resolve this issue. I’m tired of being in the middle and paying full price for completely unreliable service and subjecting my household to these aggravating annoyances.

Comments

• Du
      9th of Feb, 2010

Use to be a Tech for cox in virginia. The problem was the cable cards. What was the problem? I have no idea but I hated working with the darn things.