Countrywide Mortgage / Scam and cheating
Refinanced in early 2008 with Countrywide Mortgage.Countrywide did not accept appraisal from appraiser, home was appraised at $270, 000.00 in January 2008.We wanted to refinance out of a interest only loan to a fixed conventional loan. New loan was to be $214, 000, Countrywide would not accept appraisal at $270, 000 and had their valued opinion/guess value come back at $245, 000, so that we would have to pay PMI. If we had to refinance, $250, 000 or so I can almost bet they would have accepted the appraisal at $2700, 000, but because we only had to refinance with a loan of $214, 000 they valued our home at $245, 000 just so we would have to pay PMI. We as consumers pay a lot of money to licensed appraisers for their services to have a company like Countrywide do and say as they wish. It appears that the services we all pay for on appraisals are wasted and Countrywide can do as they please with our American dream of owning a home. It took me 2 e-mails, and 4 phone calls to finally get a copy of the paperwork that I should have gotten the closing in March, 2008. Countrywide Mortgage didn't want us to see or have a copy of their value opinion/guess value.
I urge ALL consumers who have a problem with Countrywide Mortgage to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, I am putting my complaint package together and filing a complaint against Countrywide Mortgage. If all who have a problem with Countrywide Mortgage do the same as I am, The Federal Trade Commission has to do something about this company. The Federal Trade Commission investigates all complaints, so lets ALL file a complaint against Countrywide with the Federal Trade Commission and STOP this unfair practice from Countrywide Mortgage. The more information you provide the Federal Trade Commission the better, so get your cases in order and file. Let the consumer provale!!!
More Countrywide Mortgage Complaints & Reviews
- Countrywide - Bank Of America/short Sale - Incompetent Department and Service 
- Bank Of America - b.o.a. closed my credit card account 
- Countrywide Home Loan - Bank Of America - fraud and misrepresentation, abuse of customers 
- Bank Of America - property claims 
- Bank Of America - Privacy Assist Plan - abusive customer service rep 
- Bank Of America Corporation - The bank closed my account for no reason and retained my money!!!!
- Bank Of America Corporation - payment not received and negative charges applied
- Bank Of America Corporation - the racist comments the bakers in delano california
- Bank Of America Corporation - customer service
- Bank Of America Corporation - customer service dept