Countrywide Mortgage / Bank Of America / Mortgage modification is a joke
I have always paid my loan on time and took every proactive step to avoid defaulting on my loan. I knew my loan is due to reset from it's current 'interest only' and I would not be able to afford it. So over the past 6 months I've spoken with 2 "home retention" representatives from Countrywide, faxed and mailed every piece of documentation they asked for within the timeframe they required but no one has ever contacted me.
I've sent several e-mails to Countrywide customer service trying to find out the status of my work-out only to be told I had to call a number which only leads to endless dead-ends in phone-tree hell! Now they say that they never received the first packet I sent and they claim that the packet I sent 'registered' mail and the third packet I faxed the same day did not show up on time... (I have proof that all three packets were sent on time)
Again, not ONCE has anyone botered to contact me and let me know the status of my request for help or that there was a problem.
So surprise, surprise, the minute I can no longer pay my mortgage and miss a payment, I get a call from some guy in India who barely speaks English, is impossible to comprehend, and has NO CLUE what the status of my account is or why I was never contacted, or any advice at all, except to tell me that "It's not my department" and I should call the home retention representatives to asks for a possible modification!!!
This is NO way to conduct business. I'm frustrated! I'm angry at Countrywide and Bank of America for painting a false picture to the public of being 'helpful' and 'proactive' when if fact that is a lie. This all could have been avoided but they are now the reason I am forced to file bankruptcy. Shame on you!
More Countrywide Mortgage / Bank Of America Complaints & Reviews
- Countrywide - Bank Of America/short Sale - Incompetent Department and Service 
- Bank Of America - b.o.a. closed my credit card account 
- Countrywide Home Loan - Bank Of America - fraud and misrepresentation, abuse of customers 
- Bank Of America - claims department 
- Bank Of America - property claims 
- Bank of America - bank causing high overdrawn account & unnecessary fees
- Bank Of America Corporation - fraud department
- Bank Of America Corporation - credit card
- Bank Of America Corporation - rewards program
- Bank Of America Corporation - location