Countrywide Home Loans / terrible organization

I was relocated for my job from NH to MD in November 2007 and forced to put my house on the market just has things were getting bad. As it turns out, the market was already so bad that the homes in our area were already valued at less than what many had paid - including us. At this point, we contacted countrywide about a possible short sale. They said to call back when we had an offer on the home. Finally, in July 08, we had an offer. Called Countrywide. They had us send documentation incldg bank and tax statements so that the short sale process could begin. We faxed the info 7 times... each time they claimed they did not receive despite the fact that we got "successful send receipts". This lasted 2 months. Finally they acknowledged receipt. Since then (in September) we have been told that our account is waiting to be assigned a negotiator. Still has not happened. called today and they say it's because they ordered appraisal but that it never came back. They have to do it again. And round and round we go. In the meantime, we may loose our buyers because they are getting tired of waiting for this process to be complete. Countrywide does not seem to care. I don't understand why they wouldn't want to sell the house now vs. the possibility of us having to foreclose on the property. We can't afford a mortgage in NH and rent in MD much longer... it is becoming too much. I hate Countrywide. I hope they crash and burn.

Va

Comments

• De
      20th of May, 2009

My home loan was sold to country wide. 3 of us purchased the home as 2 partners (husband and myslef as half, other party as half.) we split all costs, down payment, etc. we signed ALL forms equally and all loan documents. After 2 years, I recently found that Country wide left the other party off the loan and therefore she is not responsibe for the outrageous interest only loan. As my credit sinks, she has walked away without a care. I spoke to countrywide numerous times to fix this problem and they always said tthe same thing...call back in a week. finally, a woman told me it was taken care of. What a surprise I had when my ex partner got other loans without a problem since Countrywide NEVER fixed the problem. according to countrywide, she is not responsible since she is only on the deed but not the loan. This is total fraud to me and countrywide should have to fix this. They keep assuring me it will be fixed, but so far, it is not. They are really not to be trusted! This was the biggest mistake of my life and I blame countrywide for this. Does anyone know if this could be considered a fraudulent loan?