Costco Wholesale Corporation / possible membership

1 Vacaville, CA, United States

On Friday 12/29/2017, I call Costco in Vacaville, Ca. to see if I can take a look around the Club, because I have a membership with Sam's Club and was thinking of trying Costco because I've heard so many good things about it. The customer service person was polite and told me that they dont do one day past but I can come over, just check in with customer service. When I arrived with another friend that wanted to check out the Club, a Manager Milton told me that we can see the Club, but we had to be escorted. I was insulted. I explained to him that I know that I couldn't buy anything so why the escort. He said that it was the policy. I took a deep breath and walked with the manager escorting me throughout the store. I was the least to say embarrassed, uncomfortable, humiliated.
I know that Costco don't need my membership, but I felt like a criminal being followed by loss Prevention.
I am a small business owner, and civic leader in my community. I respect and appreciate Costco in my community. I hope that you trust people to look before they buy without being escorted. Just go inside a store and have someone follow you around and see how that feels and if you feel ok then keep that policy. LP could have followed us on the camera without feeling followed. They do it all the time with people that look suspicious. But if it's your policy, so be it.

Tj