Costco / tire service

1 Kanata, Ontario, Canada

I live In Ottawa, Canada and frequently use the Kanata, Ontario store. I arrived for "first come first served" winter tire installation on Thursday Nov 10, 2016 at 6am. I was expecting to purchase two new world get tired and use two of my current tires. While there the technicians indicated that none of my current tires were acceptable. They refused to install the two existing tires but did not have them in stock. So I requested that they install the current ones until the new ones were available. They refused that and finally installed the spare tire along with one of the current winter tires. At that point I was told the replacement tires would be shipped on a "rush" and might be there by the afternoon. A week later I had heard nothing and tried calling the tire center but never got an answer. Then two days later we got our first snow storm of the year. I was still driving with the spare tire which had almost no tread and was not suitable for winter. It was extremely unsafe. I finanlly decided to install the old winter tire myself. I called today and spoke with someone in "administration" who said they would get back to me within 10 mins. 4 hours later I had heard nothing. I have included photos of the tires. I did not think the original tire was in such bad condition and the technician has put myself and my family at risk with a poor decision and a lack of follow-up to get the new tires installed on my vehicle in a timely manner.

Costco