Costco / extra tax added to replace defective product
MY husband and I purchased an LCD TV from Costco. After a month, the sound started to disappear on several channels, since we own another TV part of the same home entertainment network that did not have the same problem we came to the conclusion the TV is defective. We returned it to Costco (Langley, BC) and to our surprise we were charged an extra recycling tax on the new (exactly same type of TV and otherwise same price TV) that we got.
When we asked the manager called Taj why is it that we are being charged extra fees to replace a defective product that we purchased in good faith and under the assumption that it would work as advertised he replied that it he is not responsible for government taxes and that we chose to return the TV instead of having it serviced by the manufacturer. WOw, great service!
My conclusion: It is our fault, I always said Costco has no quality products and the customer service is really bad.
My advice : shop elsewhere!
More Costco Complaints & Reviews
- Costco - organic whole milk contains fish oil 
- Costco - using ebt card 
- Kirkland Battery - warranty on battery 
- Costco - e shield insulation 
- Costco - ridiculous policy for a change of address - rude and discrmininating customer service 
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - rude service by checker in santa rosa avenue, santa rosa store
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - nature's domain puppy chicken and pea
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - ready pac bistro organic 2 pack salad
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - costco.com
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - cw/kendal floral supply