Costco / extra tax added to replace defective product

MY husband and I purchased an LCD TV from Costco. After a month, the sound started to disappear on several channels, since we own another TV part of the same home entertainment network that did not have the same problem we came to the conclusion the TV is defective. We returned it to Costco (Langley, BC) and to our surprise we were charged an extra recycling tax on the new (exactly same type of TV and otherwise same price TV) that we got.
When we asked the manager called Taj why is it that we are being charged extra fees to replace a defective product that we purchased in good faith and under the assumption that it would work as advertised he replied that it he is not responsible for government taxes and that we chose to return the TV instead of having it serviced by the manufacturer. WOw, great service!

My conclusion: It is our fault, I always said Costco has no quality products and the customer service is really bad.

My advice : shop elsewhere!

D  18th of Feb, 2008 by
So let's see, you are angry at the retailer because of a government policy. Are you too blind to understand the government is the problem? Please don't waste people's time by posting illegitmate complaints. Your comments prove you are in the wrong. You would be able to see through that if you were capable of logic.
D  16th of Jul, 2008 by
wow... Go learn law or economics or something. You are a very uniformed and under educated individual.

Costco Wholesale Corporation Logo Costco Wholesale Corporation