Continental Finance Mastercard / 2 1/2 months and still won't close paid off account!

1 Tampa, FL, United States
Phone: 800-518-6141

I had a $300 Continental Finance Mastercard. We paid off our account and had a credit of $33.03. We immediately called on Feb 8th to close our account, they charge a rediculously high monthly fee of $12 for having the card so we wanted to be rid of it.
We were told the account was closed and that we should expect a check in the mail in 30-60 days. This seemed like a very long time to me, but since it was only $30 we just waited.
March 19th I receive in the mail, not a check as promised, but a statement showing that a $12 account maintenance fee has been charged to my account and I now have a credit of only $21.03. I call again to find out what the problem is. I spoke to a lady named Kaylee who assured me that the maintenance fee had been credited, the account was closed, and I should received a check in the mail for $33.03.
It is now April 14th. Today I received, not a check as promised, but another statement! This statement did not show the credit of $12 that Kaylee was supposed to have done, but another $12 maintenance fee charged to my account! My current credit was only $9.03. So I called once again, spoke to Jonothan who said that the prior people only put a block on the account and did not complete the process of closing it out. He assured me that he had closed the account, he put in a request to have the two maintenance fees credited, and said I should expect a check in another 30-60 days. That means I will receive a check in June for the credit on my account that I closed in February! He could do nothing to speed up the process and simply apologized for the inconvenience.
While I understand that mistakes sometimes happen, this is just stupid! If the first person in February made a mistake why didn't the person in March fix the issue? This seems more like a scam than a series of mistakes to me.

Jo