Continental Finance / harassing calls

1 CT, United States Review updated:

My bill is up to date, i have the statements to prove it. i have never been late.. On thanksgiving morning, i got a call. Woke me up at about 8. i didnt pick up because i had no clue who it was. after about 4 or 5 more calls i finally answered. They said that they were from continental finance, and were trying to collect my "nearly due" payment. She said the payment was due on dec. 22, and asked if i would like to make a payment over the phone right now. I told her i dont give financial info over the phone, and that they would get there money before the due date. She said thank you have a nice day.

Since then i have been getting 10-20 calls per day. every day. The telemarketrs are threatening, and VERY rude. over this "nearly due" payment. They have been asked to stop. they claimed that they would take me off the list. But 20 minutes later. i got another call.

My thoughts are, I think they are harassing people, hoping that they will pay the card off and cancel. Because with the $250 worth of charges they apply before you even use the card.. They get people to cancel the card out, They just made $250 for doing absolutely nothing.

Another thing. i would always make my payemnt at the begining of the month. the due date is on the 22nd. And no matter if i pay it on the 1st of the month, the payment doesnt show up in my available balance until a week or 2 after the due date. And from what i have read they do this to everyone, And its usually the time that they take out any fees or charges, So that they can hit you with an over limit fee and all that crap.

These people are con artists of the lowest form and should be stopped. I will be contacting my attourney general on the matter. I have been recording the phone calls and will use their own tactics against them.

Sh

Comments

1st of Mar, 2009

Sweet! tell us what happens when u really plan on doing it!