Continental Finance Co. / credit card

I received a confirmation of approval from this credit card company and when I received my card, decided I did not want to have any more credit cards at this time.I did not activate that card nor did I make any purchases.I cut the card up the moment I opened the envelope. I am being sent a bill for charges for activation and annual fees when the card was never activated.I have no way of activating the card either, as I cut it up into about a hundred pieces as soon as I received it. What course of action do I take so this will not ruin my credit?

Comments

An
  16th of Oct, 2007
Continental Finance Co. - Scam and cheating!

I sent my payment on time but was still charged a late fee of $30.00. This is scam!

Beware!

Ke
  28th of Oct, 2008

Continental credit card was the was credit card that I ever had in my life. As the person said above I never even activated my card and they are still billing me. First of all when I applied for the credit card online I entered all of my information correctly and when I call to activate my card they customer service rep. tells me that I entered in completely different information. So supposedly they got all of my information correct and told me that I had to wait until the next morning to activate it. The next morning I call them to activate it and they tell me that they never received any calls from me from the day before (need I remind you I call called a total of three times the day before to make sure they had the correct information). Basically they were calling me a liar and I had to speak to the supervisor and yes you can already guess they were rude as hell and were literally yelling at each other and calling each other names. And there are so many other things that happened I just don't have time to write it. So if you know someone who is applying for this card PLEASE tell them not to apply.