Continental Finance / credit card fraud

they billed me before i ever got my card and over charged me with over limit fees within the 1st 10 days I had my card and don't have any vaild customer service phone#'s to call in about my complaints and about my account...every time I tried to use it says my card is not active..this has been a big heachae for me..please don;t let anyone else order these on line....

rebecca mcguire

Comments

• Sc
      27th of Dec, 2007
    Continental Finance - Credit card fraud!
    Continental Finance

On October 10, 2007, I received a call from a representative for Continental Finance regarding my credit card payment. The representative call to inform me that i need to make a payment of $395.08 to bring my account current. I asked why so much, although the minimum payment is only 50.00. The lady said my account was over the limit of $395.08 and could I make a payment today. I made a payment over the phone, she then informed me that now my balance is at $300.00 and to send a payment of 50.00 by the end of the month.

November 10, 2007, a representative called me about making a payment over the phone although my payment wasn't due until the next day. She informed me about making a payment of $29.01, well again I made the payment over the phone. Well on December 27, 2007, a rep called to say I owe them a payment of $180.00, i replied " For what!" I just made a payment. Carla, the rep informed that i missed the payment of $100.00 back in November, therefore they charged me

$30.00 late fee
    $30.00 overlimit fee
    $30.00 returned item fee

I told her that the Representative I talked with and maf=de my payment to said I only needed to pay $29.01, she said that the young lady made a mistake and that she should have told me it was $100.00 that was to be paid. Come to find out they have call centers all over the country and that the young lady who I made my payment to was in Buffalo, New York and that she is located in Texas. I informed Carla in Texas that I'm not making a payment that is attached with bogus fees due your representative giving incorrect information. i contacted customer service to make the same complaint, Tiana was her name said that I was still to make a payment of $180.00, because they were not going to remove the fees. I have contacted the Attorney General of Mississippi, because still is fraud and robbery! So, do not get a credit card with Continental Finance, their fees are outrageous and there customer service tactics are horrible.

• Do
      12th of Jan, 2008

I totally agree and I just got my card and have yet to make my first payment. When I got my statement I had a $300.00 credit limit. I,ll admit I have past bad credit and hoped this would help correct that, but I find out they take $250.00 of that limit on my card for immediate fees and you are left with $50.00 on the card, plus you have a $50.00 payment due in 2 weeks. So basically you have nothing and with the finance charges with minimum payments I will never get this payed off. I,m thinking about just cutting the card up and sending it back to them. What other choice do I have? What would you do?

• Mi
      4th of Feb, 2008
    Continental Finance` - Credit card fraud!
    Continental Finance

My husband wanted to get his credit score to increase so he tried getting this Continental Finance Credit card! BIG MISTAKE!!! his credit limit was 300 dollars and 250.00 in fees were charged as soon as we opened the account!!! This company is horrible. The minute you enroll they start calling you every night for payments!!!

• Je
      15th of Feb, 2008
    Continental Finance` - Credit card fraud!
    186 Camino De Vida #D
    Santa Barbara
    California
    Phone: 805-588-5271

I ordered a credit card paid my 247.00. I was unable to active the card due to my phone number being changed. I canceled the card and have not yet received my refund. I called on 9-14-2007 and was told it would be 60 days. I can now not get a live representative due to the card expiring. I have sent them 2 letters requesting my money. The card number was 5206053011250495.

• Ju
      10th of Dec, 2012

I do agree with every comment the card is a waste of time and money am so so so sorry i applied