Conns / terrible customer service!

1601 South IH 35Round Rock, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 512-828-3712
We feel like we are being scammed- Recently we went to Conns in Round Rock, TX to purchase a Television. We purchased a 61' Samsung DLP. After afew days we started to notice tilting and bowing of the picture and also made a slight popping sound. We took the TV to the store a week after the purchase to return it. The manager was very awkward and was not helpful at all. He stated that there would be a 15% restocking fee. Which is very wrong because the TV has a manufactures defect. He stated that the service Tech needs to come out and check the television in order to not get charged the restocking fee. The day the tech arrived he stated that it was tilting and bowing and that it was a manufactures defect. He had me take pictures with my camera to email to him for proof. After a week of delay he went back and stated on his report that there was nothing wrong with the television. We were very frustrated by the situation so we loaded up the television and took it back to the store. The manager stated that they have found at least five Televisions with the same defect but we are not able to return it. The service manager needs to approve the return. The television was left at the store with the manager. We have records of everyone we have spoken to and the pictures to prove everything we have done to resolve this situation this is our next step. This cant be true- the television is defective and we as customers should have right to return it. It has been 2 weeks and still no resolution. We are being severely mistreated by the store and the tech. I need help to resolve this situation as soon as possible.

Comments

Ro
  21st of Mar, 2008
Call Samsung @ 1-800-726-7864 Tell them your story. They will take care of you.
De
  21st of Jan, 2009
I have found the customer service at Conn's nothing short of exemplary. Over the last 20 years I have purchased a stove, a refrigerator, multiple televisions, multiple window air conditioning units, multiple GPS units, front load steam laundry pair, top load dryer, an unlocked cell phone, computer accessories and many other items.

The few times I have needed service from Conn's they have been nothing but professional with prompt courteous service.
When I read these negative comments if I can only assume that you must've met with someone who was not yet fully acquainted with the company-wide commitment to quality

Conn's has been in Southeast Texas for like 100 years. Locally everyone I know believes that Conn's offers quality products with terrific customer service all in prices that are hard to beat.
Co
  7th of Feb, 2009
Conns is bad news. I live in northwest austin tx. They sold me a bed they did not have in stock and wanted me to wait several weeks to get- even though they claim that if a product is not available they will substitute it with equal or greater item. I dropped the bed and kept the washer- bad move. Now that the washer stopped working I called for service since I paid an extra $100 for the warranty. they set up the appointment and tell me the tech will call me some time between 8am and 10am to let me know when they will be out, I take a day off of work to wait for them. I call their "customer service" at 11 giving the tech plenty of time to call me like they were supposed to. They did not know anything, they said they would call the tech and call be back. 2 hours later I called again- same story. another hour later and this time the rep was actually nice to me and said that the tech left late but would still call me and still be out but to call back if they had not arrived before 6pm since customer service closed at that time. 5:30, no call no tech. called them back and a rude lady told me that the tech was called away because his wife was at the hospital and he did not come into work that day. I asked when they planned on calling me to let me know I had wasted my day waiting on them and asked to be scheduled the next day since I was inconvenienced. The lady said that is not how it works and told me I would have to wait until the next week. I asked for a supervisor and she told me she was one and that "It stoped with her". I reminded her that she did not even attempt to show any empathy for my situation and she was sarcastic after that. I hate conns and I should have never bought anything from them. I immediately filled out a complaint with the better business bureau and I would suggest you do the same. Honestly I feel that your complaint is worse than mine.
Good luck.
Up
  11th of Jan, 2010
I went to refinance my conns loan to get a lower payment, recieved the new contract, was happy with my new payment, BUT a 2 weeks later i start receiving collection calls, not only me but my family members were getting them too...we talk to them everytime they call and still the same thing they never get the refinance paperwork and then they will look into it...i call the store and they state that i have to bring the new contract in for them to fax to corporate...SHOULDN'T THEY HAVE A COPY!!!...we are still gettting the collection calls when were are not behind on any payments...they are disorganized and i feel i am being screwed by conns...my suggestion...DONT BUT ANYTHING FROM CONNS...ITS NOT WORTH THE TROUBLE...
Co
  8th of Sep, 2010
Dear Conn’s customer,

We would like to apologize for the problem you have had with our company and would like to resolve your complaint for you. Please contact us at:

1-877-358-1252 or via the web at http://support.conns.com