Conns. Inc / customer service

1 TX, United States Review updated:

I purchased at your McAllen, TX store (# 041) on November 23 two new appliances – one a Frigidaire ATF6000FS Washer and a Frigidaire AEQ6000ES Dryer. These items were paid in full at the time of purchase. Invoice # [protected] for $1724.23.

The washer has not functioned properly since taking delivery on November 25th. The service technician has made two visits to service the washer – this after waiting 5 days each time after placing my call for service for a technician to arrive. During the last visit by the tech on December 9th it was determined that a new board was required to repair the washer. This he supposedly ordered that day. He indicated to me that I should call Conn’s service department after 5 days if he has not returned with the new part to make the repair. Today, December 15th I call the San Antonio service center and I was informed that the part has been ordered and that it will be ANOTHER week before it arrives!! This is inexcusable. By the time the part arrives and it gets installed I will have had the NEW machine for over a month and not been able to use it. Is this the best Conn’s can do? In attempting to speak with a ‘Service Manager’ at your call center I only got the run-around. They’re not available, will call back, yet never do.

Conn’s obviously has serious customer service issues. The thing that strikes me especially so is that there is absolutely no preference given to newly purchased equipment that is faulty, it’s as though once Conn’s gets the customer’s funds then the customer can then just grin and bear it.

I mentioned to the very helpful salesperson that I’d also be purchasing a new kitchen stove and a new dishwasher in the very near future. I previously purchased a large upright freezer at Conn’s and that was the reason I returned for this most recent purchase. Obviously, the current situation leaves little doubt as to whether I’ll be making future purchases at Conn’s.

Comments

• Be
      17th of Jun, 2009

I purchased a GE washer onNovember 25, 2007 at conn's 4999N.W. Loop 410 San Antonio Texas 78229, and here I am June 17, 2009 only 2years old and I had to contact service maintenance twice to come out to check machine apparently the part they installed didn't work and the machine moves every where and my fear is i have a water heater next to it. If there is a way to satsify a customer please let me exchange my washer for a more dependable one that does not move around every where i am still paying for my washer and dryer an even exchange in price sounds resonable to me. I'm not asking for a fancy one i don't want a front loader washer any more . If you can please contact me I will greatly appreciate your business i never had a problem with coon's and I prefer not to i just want something I can use to wash and not have this trembling, moving problem. Thank you Belinda Acosta 210 445-2142.