Con Edison / billing errors
I have been trying to resolve an account problem for over a year. I had moved from an apartment in Yonkers and was unable to turn off the service because my landlord needed to have light to that she can paint and such after I moved. She assured me that they would adjust the account once she provided me with a statement indicating the date I vacated the apartment. I spoke with Con Ed and explained to them that I had moved and they asked for proof, a new apartment lease, moving bills, etc. I don't have a lease because I purchased a new home and was able to provide several documents such as the HUD and some closing documents. After a year of the back and forth "requesting and providing" there determination was that I did not call them to interrupt the service so I was liable for the charges. And of course, the landlord does not respond to my calls or letters for that matter. It seems ridiculous that if they were not going to adjust the account, then why ask for me to provide the documents as proof of the move. Now I am being contacted by a collection agency, which of course, I am contesting. Don't know what else to do.
More Con Edison Complaints & Reviews
- Con Edison - overcharging 
- Con Edison - deposit requirement
- Con Edison - deposit & harassment 
- Con Edison - meter reading appt 
- Con Edison - conspiracy & fraud 
- Con Edison - wire repair, concrete repair, blocking driveways, trip hazards, on a condo property
- Con Edison - complaining about a driver.
- Con Edison - refusal to refund $1,900
- Con Edison - service removal and restoration
- Con Edison - telephone pole held in place by my tree