Having problems with Sawnee EMC?

Sawnee EMC reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 21, 2008. The latest review Product/service complaint was posted on Nov 4, 2020. The latest complaint high rates and connection was resolved on Jul 29, 2011. Sawnee EMC has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 10 reviews. Sawnee EMC has resolved 4 complaints.

Sawnee EMC Customer Service Contacts

+1 770 887 2363 (Customer Service)
543 Atlanta Highway
SatClosed
SunClosed
Postal Address
P.O. Box 266, Cumming, GA 30028-0266

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Sawnee EMC Customer Service. Initial Sawnee EMC complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Sawnee EMC above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Sawnee EMC. Discuss the issues you have had with Sawnee EMC and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Sawnee EMC Complaints & Reviews

Nov 04, 2020

Sawnee EMC — Product/service complaint

Sawnee has been the worst power company I have ever seen. I called to ask if they would please extend the cut...

Sawnee EMC / Sawnee Electric Membership Corporationovercharging and high prices… monopolizing the area

Overcharging and high prices… monopolizing the area. We need better choices for electrics electricity companies in the zip code 30022.

Sawnee emc has been monopolizing this area for years and are ripping people off and need to be shut down.

We need other choices besides us on the emc. What about georgia power and other electricity companies. How can sonogram see monopolize john's creek in alpharetta. Especially 30022 zip code area

Sawnee EMC — Customer service

I didn't receive my bill because unfortunately once in a while the Unites States postal service...

Sawnee EMCHorrible Company and Customer Service

I use to have GPL when I lived in Alpharetta and FPL down in Florida and I never had an issue with these providers. The moment I moved to Cumming and was told that I had no choice but to use Sawnee EMC, I was already disappointed. After dealing with them for 8 years and seeing that NOTHING has changed, I am beyond over it. HORRIBLE company. The customer service stinks, they do not offer auto-pay, they are not flexible at all and only offer 4 very spaced out payment arrangements per year; even if you've always honored your payment arrangements. I am hoping that GPL starts serving this area soon so they can run Sawnee out of business as they should. They are like a mafia; bullying their customers because they know they are the only ones providing service in this area.

Sawnee EMC — Billing/Customer Service

Sawnee has provided some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced in response to an automatic...

Sawnee EMCdisgustingly overcharged

Re: Electrical Meter Relocation for 3440 Sharon Dr. Cumming, Ga. 30041

Dear Mr. Goodroe

On November of 2011 I contacted Suwanee EMC to relocate my meter to a new meter box. After a few days, an engineer by the name of Mr. Serge Gagnon was assigned to contact me. After days of waiting and leaving messages on his phone, finally Mr. Gagnon appeared at the house.

After a long discussion between Mr. Gagnon, my electrician, the carpenter, and I, Mr. Gagnon came up with the idea to put a new pole in the middle of the yard and an underground cable connecting it to the meter box. After he quoted us a price of $250, we all agreed to go ahead with his plan. He then started marking the ground and putting flags for the new service cable. Based on the quote he gave us we went ahead with new wirings in the house.

Few weeks later, I made several attempts to get in touch with him, but with no success. He never answered the phone nor returned any of my phone calls. My last attempt to call him was last month, again without any answer. After this last attempt, I sent a message to customer service by e-mail and also contacted them by phone and issued a complaint against him. A few days later he stopped by again and marked the ground and put new flags and left without any attempt to speak with me about the service.

Last week I applied for a temporary power connection with Forsyth County Planning and Development. After this, Mr. Serge called me and left a curt message on my phone, in which he simply gave the price of the new connection of $1959.32. This price was four times higher than the original quote he gave us. I called him back right away to speak with him regarding the price, but again he did not respond or return my calls.

Mr. Gagnon has been dishonest, rude, and unprofessional in my entire experience with him. I feel that he changed the price of the service out of spite for me. An employee like Mr. Serge will seriously damage reputable companies like Suwanee EMC.

I have two witnesses who were present when he gave my original quote who can back up my claim and testify in court if necessary.

I am only asking for fairness and to be charged for the service with the original quote that I was given. I will consider taking legal action if this issue is not resolved in 10 days.

Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter.

Sawnee EMChigh rates and connection

Where do I begin, everywhere and anywhere that I would have to pay a deposit. It would no more than$150-200. My credit is not bad, at all. But tell me why I had to pay $440 to get service, but then the lady then tells me I have to pay an additional $10 for a processing fee. Why did they not tell me about the processing fee the first time, I had inquired about service? I had asked them why their rates are so high, their answer is "based on usage". Oh Please!!! I have a neighbor that travels 95% of the time as part of his job and most often don't come home for days. But his latest bill was $175.00 !!! He didn't understand why it was so high since everything is turned off in the house because he's gone most of the time. I read about Sawnee EMC on other complaint boards to see how their affordability and rates were like. but based off my initial experience and everyone else continual experiences, they are still up to their same 'ol tricks. I wish there was another provider that can service my area. If another one happens to pop up in my area, Sawnee would lose so many customers. I suggest they better get their act together before we all would consider banding together and taking their [censored] to court !

• Be
            Bethelview Sep 13, 2013

We own a business in Cumming and appalled to see what we pay for Sawnee EMC each month. In Aug 2012 we paid approx $1438 for 10, 280 kWh and this Aug 2013 we paid $1594 for 10240 kWh. So we are paying approximately 10.8% higher this Aug for using 40 kWh lesser. According to US Energy Information Administration, Average gasoline prices were down 7 cents per gallon during the first half of 2013 compared to the same period in 2012, but as of July 29 they were 15 cents above their year-ago level. However, 2013 average prices through July were 5 cents below the same period a year ago. In summary gas prices have FLUCTUATED less than 3% as compared to last year, but Sawnee EMC service has INCREASED by 11% .

It is unbelievable that we do not have any competition or alternatives to this MONOPOLY!!!

• Kl
            klk777 Dec 16, 2011

Sawnee EMC has treated my wife and I poorly as customers. We had service with them for over a year, and then we moved, and before they would connect the service they asked for an additional deposit of 150.00 dollars right before Christmas. We had to make a couple of payment arrangements over the past year, and this was the basis of them wanting a deposit. I asked them to split the deposit and they refused to do so. It appears to me that this company has been granted premium districts in the state of Georgia and they are sticking it to customers because they know there are no alternative companies in areas that are designated to their respective districts. I have been forced to use this company because I like the area that they were given by stupid state legislator. This leaves customers with not even 1 alternate choice for certain utilities. Why would the state allow a monopoly by area? why not let at least 2 providers in the same area to insure a healthy competitive market that gives the citizens of Georgia a choice? I tell you the folks in government only look after their own interest.

Sawnee EMC — Rip Off

Sawnee EMC is the worst company I have ever dealt with!! They are a total rip off! Their rates are just...

Sawnee emc an energy provider in north georgia — over priced/very quick to disconnect power

oh where do i begin. i have been in there service area since 2004. i was a previous georgia power customer...

Sawnee EMC — Unbielievable

I relocated to an area whereby Sawnee EMC is the only power provider. My credit rating is average and I have...