Comcast / misrepresentation of pricing

1 OR, United States Review updated:

Comcast's door-to-door salesperson misrepresented the pricing for the services he was offering and the savings I would be getting over my current provider. I even called Comcast's sales department to verify the amount. When I received my first bill, it was more than I was told it would be AND it was only a 6-month promotion after which the cost would increase substantially. This was NEVER disclosed by either sales person I spoke with. I contacted a Supervisor at Comcast and she told she could only put me into a lesser quality package with fewer services if I wanted to stay with the original prices quoted.

Comcast is dishonest and misrepresents their products to make them look like a good deal and to get you to switch from your current carrier.

Comments

• Co
      27th of Feb, 2009

On behalf of Comcast, I apologize for the misrepresentation on our product's pricing. We would like to investigate this further. Please contact us at the email provided below so that we can obtain more information from you.

Mark Casem
    Comcast Corp.
    National Customer Operations
    We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

• Rm
      25th of Nov, 2009

Do NOT believe anything a Comcast 'representative' (see above) claims about 'investigating' or 'resolving' your problem. I SPEAK FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. I stupidly tried to "resolve" my problem (nearly the same as yours) when a Comcast representative (Richard Spence) called me following my complaint to the Department of Commerce). He asked me irrelevent questions, & made himself sound 'sympathetic' and left me with a promise to 'work something out to my satisfaction'. He not only never MADE me such a 'resolution', but he used the info I gave him to make false & misleading claims to get my DOC claim against Comcast dismissed (I have since asked & received a reopening of the case based on Mr. Spence's fraudulent & misleading in getting the claim dismissed-including the use of provided misleading info. which had NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CASE.

Don't provide ANY info. to a Comcast 'representative'. They will not HESITATE to lie & defraud you, & use it against you. Tell them you'll only communicate with them through your attorneys. They are the biggest fraudscam artists there are.

I have seen this 'we_can_help' scam on other complaint sites. From what I've read, it's just another Comcast attempt to scam you (I've already seen the result of one complaintant who DID communicate with this e-mail addy, and he was sorry he did). DON'T fall for it.

• Wi
      20th of Sep, 2011

I was looking to add HD service to my account. Comcast's website shows the products in my area (they ask for your zip to give you quotes). The site says it's $6.50 a month plus a $15 set up fee. When you try to order the service online, you're forced to chat with one of their so called 'customer service agents' who tell you the service costs $8 a month and the setup fee is $20. If you point out that they advertise otherwise, they tell you 'prices are subject to change'. What the hell? This is fraudulent, plan an clear - bait and switch advertising.