Comcast / horrible customer service

1 MA, United States Review updated:

Never ever with comcast again. I have a comcast internet and cable connection and since I am moving out of my current apartment, I wanted to cancel the connection. I called Customer care at 6:55 and the women on the other line was the most rude person I have ever encountered. I am an immigrant and do have an accent. The moment the customer care agent realised this she was rude. When I told her that I needed to cancel the connection, she asked me for the amount for the last two payment cycles. I promptly answered and then she asked me for the last two dates of the payment. When I told her, why she wants that when I am calling from the comcast registered number, she was very rude. I asked her to speak to her manager to which she said that the Manager is not around. I had been having good customer service with comcast until this instance. My new apartment would no longer have comcast as I dont want to deal with such customer care agents who think we are free loader. Sadly I could not get her name, else I would have posted it here...

I hope COMCAST GOES BANKRUPT...Their loss is Verizon's gain

Ne

Comments

• Lo
      22nd of Nov, 2008

I too have had bad experiences with Comcast customer service. A rep named Mary was very rude to me also told me there was no supervisor there and then left me on hold for 10 minutes and ultimately hug up on me. Forget about reaching a supervisor or someone is power who can help resolve a problem. My service has been poor since I have gotten triple play a few months ago and getting progressively worse and no one there seems to be able to resolve it nor do they seem to care once they have your monies. Their 24 hour service claims are more like 4 to 5 days earliest and usually lead to no resolution anyway.
    I will probaly cancel service and go back to Verizon. I guess they will lose all their customers and they at least will know why. if they care to check..

• So
      15th of Dec, 2008

i think that people don't give the reps any kind of credit at all. you have also got to remember that if there is not sup at the time there will be one have them promise a call back or call back not all reps are rude. we just have to find the one that are and get rid of them. You will get a sup its not impossible. every company has there bad reps. go look at verizon complaints and you will see the same thing.

• Je
      15th of Feb, 2011

Comcast is horrible...!!! I asked to transfer my service at the end of january... They told me that it would be Feb the 8th 2011 from 8-11am they would be here at the apartment. They never came. I called them to see what happened and they (customer service) told me that they called and we didnt answer. Well come to find out they called the phone number that they were coming to install. ANGRY! But Im still chillen. So they gave me an appointment for the 10th. And that day came. The lazy man came and said that the box needed to be rewired and to call the apartment complex we needed a letter of permission to rewire the box. If they cant do anything then call Comcast back and he left. We talk to the manager and she said that the box belong to Comcast and they had to rewire it. I called them back and told them what they manager said and the rudest of rudest lady said that we needed a letter again. I repeated my self and told her what the manager. I told her that I wanted to speak with a supervisor and she told me they were only going to tell me the same thing that she said and I told her I still wanted to speak to one. She put me on hold for real time 10 minutes. I called back and spoke to a man. He then explained that we needed a letter from the apartment complex given permission to come into the apartment. It was now after 5pm and I still have no cable. He then told me that the earliest appointment would be Monday the 14th of Feb 8-11am. I said ok. Well, we waited and waited. I called them yesterday and they told me that my appointment was for the 21th. Now I still dont have cable. I called they 5 times yesterday and I was hung up on twice and lied to five times. I finaly spoke with someone who claimed to be a Supervisor and he did nothing also. His name was James. All he did was the same thing that everyone else said. Then he said that all he could do was give me an earlier appointment whick will be on the 18th on Feb. Still no cable and all those horrible coustomer service reps are still employed...