Comcast - High Speed Internet / problems with comcast billing department

1 Seattle, WA, United States Review updated:

In October I switched to Comcast business high speed internet, and also changed my telephone from QWest to Comcast, bundled with cable television service. I had paid three months ahead so as not to have to bother with details during my busy retail season. Nevertheless, I got two letters (to my residential address rather than my billing address - I still haven't received any physical bills re the new service!)claiming I owed Comcast money. On both occasions I telephoned Comcast to clear up the misunderstanding, and was told not to worry about it as I had a credit balance. They said they had issued me a new account number with the change in service, but had forgotten to switch over the money that I had on credit, which they would now do. I also verified on the Internet that there was a credit on my account. This morning I woke up with no Internet. It took three hours of my time and three hours of my technical adviser's time on the phone with several departments of Comcast to try to get the matter resolved. Basically, they have allocated my telephone and cable television services to their residential section, and the high speed internet to their business section, but have been continuing to bill me for residential internet on the old account number. None of their departments cooperates with the other departments. They refuse to consolidate my services on to one bill, which was one of the reasons for dealing with one provider for all three services. Even though Comcast had notified QWest of the change in phone numbers, Comcast still had my old QWest phone number listed in its records; its website refused to change it. If I phone Comcast to check what is owing, I now have to give the new telephone number for the old residential account and the old (defunct) residential telephone number for the new business account. I have to log into Comcast under two different user names to check my bills, and have to erase old cookies every time to make this work. Comcast claimed it would credit me for the two months of residential internet it should not have charged me for; according to their math a pre-existing $62 credit from my payment ahead plus a $60 or so credit for two months of residential internet that I had cancelled equals $2. Go figure. And I'm supposed to "trust" them??? The "customer service" people claim I didn't tell them to disconnect the residential internet service, even though they charged me for connecting the new service. I do not have the energy to tackle getting my online bill payment service to handle two different customer numbers from the same provider. That'll likely take another four hours. Overall, the two bills together will be higher than I was told the "bundle" of three services would be. I haven't even had the heart to tackle Comcast on the question of the phones not working when it rains, which is pretty often here in Eugene. I wonder if the confusion in billing in deliberate. They give a 30-day guarantee, but you can't even find out what you owe within the thirty days. Perhaps there's a special part of Hatlo's Inferno reserved for Comcast executives.

Va

Comments

Le
  26th of Aug, 2010

I hate Comcast! They screwed my bill up 3 times in the last 12 mo. Most recently I changed my service. My new bill was supposed to be $90. Instead I get one for $165!!! I was never told when I called to change my service that I would be charged any fee for changing my service, yet my new bill has a $75 "Early Termination Fee"

What a bunch of BS!! Thank God I do not have my payments set to be automatically withdrawn from my account.

I paid my bill (minus the $75) but it will be a cold day in hell before they get that $75 from me. I can't wait for my contract to expire with them.

I have not not had cable since I was a kid, but honestly I am thinking of going without for the first time in almost 20 years. That is how frustrated I am with them.

Comcast=Rip off