Combined Insurance / Card fraud
I don't usually post messages like this but having seen all of the complaints and comments from the USA about this company I thought perhaps it might help others in the UK to know that our American friends are not alone.
I had £800 charged to my debit card by Combined Insurance with no reference to a policy number or anything else. I have never heard of Combined Insurance before, let alone bought any kind of policy from them. I rang Combined and they said they couldn't help because I couldn't give them a policy no.
I rang my bank who told me that they would treat it as an error and would refund the money to me subject to me signing a declaration to confirm I had not spent this money. (It would then be up to Combined to prove that I had asked them to charge my card).
A few days later, I found that the matter had been passed to the fraud dept of my bank and that there was now police involvement so clearly they smell a rat.
If you find you have been unkowingly charged by this company, don't bother ringing them - just call your bank and let them know.
More Combined Insurance Complaints & Reviews
- Combined Insurance - Fraud and scam 
- Combined Insurance - Do not use this company 
- Combined Insurance - Awful experience 
- Combined Insurance - Working for Combined 
- Combined Insurance - Refuse to pay claim
- Combined Insurance - policy number p8087327
- Combined Insurance - Income protection / pay while your hurt or sick and can't work...Scam
- Combined Insurance - Refund 
- [Resolved] Combined Insurance - no pay out 
- Combined Cancer Insurance - Non-payment of benefits