Coles Supermarkets / purchased meat was "off" and yet still displayed within use by date

1 Midland, Western Australia, Australia Review updated:

On the morning of Friday, 11th November I purchased over $120 worth of food including approximately $50 worth of MEAT for our family. The chicken necks in the photo were for our dog. I purchased 2 of these packs for our dog and both packets were "OFF". This was obvious once opened [the first pack on that same day] and the second pack last night after freezing them that same day. According to the use by date these were clearly in date and should not have intensely smelled the way they did immediately after buying them. They weren't even 'on special' . I shop regularly at Coles and spend at least $100 each time I visit which may be up to two or 3 times a week. I am usually overall happy with the products, price and service, however this time is unacceptable as we fed these to our dog and he was even sick due the obvious reason the food was "OFF". I would appreciate some compensation for not only the money spent and the inconvenience of our dog being sick; but also the dissatisfaction of product and subsequent un-reliance for purchasing groceries from Coles in the future. I trust this will be taken seriously and I will be compensated accordingly. NOT a happy customer!
Regards, Claire Heywood

Coles Supermarkets

Cl
Nov 15, 2016

Comments

• Po
      17th of Nov, 2016

You need to contact Cole's directly. They will not receive your request here.