Citibank / scam artists
I was solicited for a Citibank American Airlines credit card with an annual fee with an incentive of a Companion Travel Certificate and a $50 off Travel Certificate. Both certificates were delivered but when you try to use the Companion Certificate (fulfilling all guidelines listed) the computer prompts with words to the effect that 'this certificate cannot be used in this case'. The certificates can be used only via internet and there is no support phone number given or available, according to Citibank Customer Service.
American Airlines Customer Service personnel cannot assist without 'a different code on the certificate allowing them to offer phone assistance.' They want a code with a 'star file' in order to assist with any reservation. Citibank customer service had no idea what I was talking about when I tried to explain that I needed assistance to use the certificates issued. Or when they did seem to understand what Certificate I was talking about I was told that the department that handles those cannot be contacted by them, has no phone number and they couldn't assist with the problem.
It was very frustrating trying to use the worthless certificate for a trip promised to my son after his 9th surgery. I finally gave up and booked a trip on other airlines at financial hardship and will cancel the credit card prior to the annual fee cycle coming up.
This to me is 'false advertising' and definitely a Ripoff.
More Citibank Complaints & Reviews
- Citibank Credit Card Philippines - citibank 
- Thd / Cbna - incorrect reporting to credit bureaus 
- Citibank London - enquiry 
- Citi Bank, London, U. K. - alerta 
- Citibank Nri - dishonest business practises 
- Citibank San Bruno - customer service
- Citibank - transaction on account from zoosk
- Citibank - home depot card
- Citibank - Citibank Account Specialist Rapid response team
- Citibank - customer service