CIBC Mortgages / Mortgage Arrears
I am in arrears with CIBC mortgages to the tune of about $11, 000. CIBC have instructed Lawyers and commenced Power of Sale Proceedings.
I have offered to pay half the arrears now and requested that they capitalize the rest of the arrears and costs which will create a new mortgage balance. In an effort to ensure continued payments I have asked that they take interest only payments for the next 12 months.
My mortgage is less than 50% of the appraissed value (as at Nov 2008), however the lawyers have refused my offer and advised that POwer of Sale will proceed and I will be repossessed if the mortgage is not brough up to date by Jan 14th 2009.
I am told that part payments are not an option.
In these times I surprised that Banks are not flexible. There is no real danger that they wil lose money when they are sitting at less than 50% loan to value. In the meantime they are happy to write down billions for the US mortgage industry where there is ZERO prospect of any returns.
I am not a new borrower, I have had the mortgage for over 5 years !
If these Banks are truly committed to helping their borrowers through tough times, they need to listen to realistic proposals.
More CIBC Mortgages Complaints & Reviews
- CIBC - Poor customer service 
- CIBC - terrible customer service with CIBC in regarding to the fraud issue 
- CIBC - Unauthorized charges 
- CIBC - made up policies 
- CIBC - Estate issues; or how to make money disappear
- CIBC - cibc mortgage
- CIBC - credit card closure abroad!
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce - Impossible to speak to credit card fraud department from australia
- CIBC - Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce - LOC, account, deposit, bad branch services 
- CIBC - Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce - Bank accounts, payments and branch services - deliberate harassment