Churches Chicken / lack of food, unclean, broken drive thru speaker

I recently moved to area of town that is less fortunate than some. I am a Church Chicken lover. I patronized a restaurant on Westheimer for 14 years. Upon moving to the South Park area I never had a complaint. My last three consecutive visits were very painful. It's awful to visit a restaurant that specialize in chicken have no chicken ready. On all three visit I was told that I had to wait 15 minutes for chicken. That's a sign of poor management. The drive thur P.A. does not work and there is no sign posted stating such. Cars pull up wait about 5-8 minutes before deciding to drive on up to the window to learn that the system is broken. When you get to the window then you learn that they are out of chicken. The restaurant is unclean and not appealing to the eye. Instead of spending money for TV advertisement, such funds should be diverted to restaurant make overs. The spicy chicken is too hot with pepper to eat. There is definitely a difference between spicy and hot. Try Popeyes to taste what spicy should be.

Comments

• La
      21st of Aug, 2007

I just found this site and I have a complaint regarding the Church's Chicken in Detroit, Mi. located on Fenkel & Schaeffer. We arrived to a dirty nasty lobby full of people! They were all told no chicken was ready. We were told very nastily that we would have to wait 15 minutes for chicken. Their were 4 employees all on cellphones. WTH? Does anyone have quality control anymore. The uniforms you couldn't find a clean spot on them. And lastly once we waited our 15 minutes, my husband asked for hotsauce and was told " NO!" Just flat out No. And at least 40 hotsauce packets were visible. I want a response from the owner of this filthy franchise!!!

• Ka
      4th of Dec, 2007

On December 3,2007 wentthr u drive thru people were very rude told me to hold on tru the speaker,ordered the 10 piece monthly special,got up to the window got te food ,got allthe way ome 35 miles later they didnot give me 1/2 my order called back up there they told me to cme thenext day to get a refund as long as i have my recipt.Called up there the next moring managr maria told me that that was not her problem that she didnot take my call and calling me liar that i didnot call the resturant ,when i was talking to her on the phone she was on her cell phone talking to someone elese instead of taking cae of me the customer.

• Wi
      10th of Dec, 2007

we visited our local one and ordered a 10 piece combo says it comed with 2 sides and a med drink i was asked if i wanted mixed and i said yes but i wanted the family deal cost on the menu was 8.99 got to the window was told the price was 21.something i was told that is the price for just chicken nothing else if this is true then why do they put the other things on and im told the words chicken is in the top conor needless im not paying for parts of a chicken by what color the meat is and gang sure not paying double for the same number of pieces so i left and went elsewhere to get my chicken this store is in new braunfels tx . dont chickens come with white and dark meat or does churches raise chickens with only dark meat ans a few with white meat only .

• Wi
      10th of Dec, 2007

oops made an mistake no drinks just chicken and sides

24th of Jan, 2008

Why are the parking lots not clear of snow. Someone can slip and fall.

• Ro
      28th of Mar, 2008

We have one in Bastrop Texas that say they have spice chicken and never have it and it is not clean the owner toll me to get the hell out of here when i ask him why he never had spice chicken when i said i would not leave he call the cops on me i will never eat churches chicken again if the people from churches chicken will sell a business to people like the ones in Bastrop Texas they will soon be out of business.

• Cl
      10th of May, 2008

Spent 2 hours visiting 3 churches chicken stores in Tampa Florida to get chicken.Store #1 employees too busy flirting at the drive through to finish taking my order.
    Store #2 had a swarm of insects in store, couldnt finish taking my order.
    Store#3 air condt. not working had to again repeat the order many times, had to go outside in 92 degree heat to keep from passing out had to go back in to straighten the order out.
    Went to web site on box that dosent exist, the 1-866 #wont help without the store #s on recciept that are Not on reciept.
    Any one have a phone # to their home office to talk to a human?
    This occured 5/10/08

11th of Jul, 2008

I just left a church's chicken restaurant, its nasty and the people that work there are rude. furthermore i remember when church's put them all to shame. NOW, , , , , , , , , , , , They are pulling a KFC trick, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , they cut their already small pieces of white meat in half and charge double what they are worth and the other pieces are sooooooooooooooooo small as well. Shame on you Church's...They used to have chicken that was the best and the biggest and the best priced... I will not ever eat at another Church's again. OH and when the girl handed me my food, , , , , , , , , , , , she acualy jerked it back from me as she grabed my card...like i was gonna steal it, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , my dogs wouldn't even eat it. That is disgusting, , , , , , don't you think... This fine establisement is in PLANO, TX. on the corner of PARKER rd. and JUPITOR . 07/11/08

• Ha
      4th of Aug, 2008

I totally agree. I went to the Church's on Pioneer Pkwy in Grand Prairie and one of the workers was basically laying on the counter! He was talking to the manager about his work schedule and laid back on the counter and proceeded to use the counter to rub his back. Last Friday at the same store at 7 pm on a Friday night the store had no chicken ready. What's wrong with this picture? They had 4 people at the counter and another 2 people in the drive through and had no biscuits, no okra, a few fries and no chicken ready. How about planning ahead! I left and went to the Church's on Main Street and got the chicken, okra and fries hot and ready with no problem. I will definitely drive a few miles out of the way to go to the store on Main Street in Grand Prairie

• Ti
      25th of Feb, 2009

I couldn"t believe it, When we pulled into the parking lot of Churches Chicken and there was not one parking spot? There was no one inside, so where does all the cars come from? One of the employees saw us trying to find a parking spot and he came out and said, We do not have tow away sighs up, so the building next store costumers are parking in Churches lot, Thats why there are no costumers inside . They have really good chicken at this Churches, We stopped going to KFC, to expensive! I hope they take care of this problem soon, We will continue to go to Churches, good chicken, Thank You, Tina

• Ms
      4th of Mar, 2012

I went to the churches chicken what a joke this place is run by complete jerks and indian people the place is unclean and thy are dirty and lies and just give you any order if they dont have what you ask for also if someone leaves out and comes back 20 minutes or later complaining about a order they will take it back and put that same food back with the other chicken they have Nasty thats gross and no telling what the people did to the chicken when they left out they do this alot if you want to see for yourself just go there or take a order out and watch they will put it right back with the other chicken when I was there and I saw this I told them off and to throw tthat nasty chicken they brought back away they run an unsafe and unclean business Im reporting them to the Health Department to. Thiis is the Churches on Livernois and Puritan.