Church's Chicken Logo

Church's Chicken

Having problems with Church's Chicken?

+1 866 345 6788 (United States)
+1 905 497 6222 (Canada, Brampton)
+1 416 439 6060 (Canada, Scarborough)
+1 647 346 0195 (Canada, Toronto)
+359 876 520 342 (Bulgaria)
+592 225 7546 (Guyana)
+92 423 540 8517 (Pakistan)
+1 866 372 8246 (Puerto Rico)
+1 758 450 8395 (St Lucia)
+1 868 225 5200 (Trinidad and Tobago)
980 Hammond Drive, Suite 1100

Scarborough
3563 Lawrence Ave., E Unit № B, Scarborough, ON M1H 1B2

Complaints & Reviews

nasty restaurant chain

You know, it's amazing. As a kid we would go to Church's Chicken and get a wonderful meal. Big...

ordered breasts/got backs and an argument

This is the 2nd time I have gone to this Church's and not gotten what I ordered.
Today ( ()ct. 30, 2008) I ordered 2 Breasts (1 spicy 1 regular). I got home and what I was given was 2 backs. This is not the first time I have been given the wrong order at this particular Church's. The first time I was too sick and tired and lived too far away to go back. This time, I now live within a mile of that location and go back I did. I took my receipt and the 2 backs back into the store. The people working there, all 5 of them are of Latin decent. They argued with me in front of other customer's that what I had been given were Breasts. I turned them over to reveal the structure of the pieces and told them again, "no, these are backs". The "manager" came over to the holding tank where they keep the cooked pieces, picked up a piece of chicken, held it up to me and said "this is thigh, you got Breasts" . I held back my laughter and said, not thigh, BACK!.
She had an astonished look on her face like she had no idea there was such a thing as a back.
I finally gave up and said, "Just give me my money back". I mean, they come to this coutry, take our jobs, don't bother to learn the language and have the nerve to argue that the backs are the breast and hold up a thigh to prove their point.

• Ee
    eee Jan 25, 2009

WELL YOU SHOULD TAKE A CLOSER LOOK. THEY DON'T SELL BACKS!I KNOW THAT THEY LOOK KINDA WEIRD BUT, IF THEY WERE TOSHOWN YOU ANOTHER PICES OF A BREAST THEY WERE TO LOOK THE SAME. AND WHERE THEY COME FROM HAS NOTHING TO DO IF THEY GOT YOUR ORDER WRONG!

pot hole in drive - thru

On October 2, 2008, as I pulled in to the drive-thru drive my car hit something hard on the front-right side...

didn't get served

I went to Church's today to get me and my family a meal for dinner today.I went to the drive thru they...

order not given correct

When I placed my order at church's chicken, they called my order and I went up front to get my order was incorrect, I told the cashier and she told the person who fix the orders and she did not get it, she con't to take other people orders and ignore me. She said she can not get it for me the other girls behind her must be the ones to give it to me, I said to her then tell her I don't have my order she looked at me and rolled her eyes at me. There were a lot of customers in the store looking at her and at me. Then the girl behind her told her that she gave my order to my sister and my sister told her no she didn't. she had her order short so she only gave her what she had missing. Then she the girl behind the girl at the register gave me my order with her back to me as if she didn't want to see me. I though that was very rude of them, if there were a manager there they should be fired to even let that take place there. I saw someone dress as a manager, but that person was acting if I was not talking about anything. Thing there need to be looked into, like a secret video on a person to see what type of professional atmosphere is being taken placed there.

Lynn

P.S. Please look into this and respond!!!

• Ad
    Ada Allison Jun 29, 2010

I have went to the Churches Chicken at 31st and Garnett in Tulsa several times in the last few months and they have left something out of my order everytime. I have thought about not comming there anymore . I spend about 50.00 to 60.00 dollars everytime I come in there. I think that if they are going to work in a place like that they should make sure things are right. I have told them that some of my items were missing but they acted like they didn't seem to care.

consumer survey no good

On June 5, 2008 we ate at Church's Chicken in Arlington, Tx. The receipt had a phone survey. After the...

roaches in ice machine

Well, my husband and i went and ate lunch at church's the food was good, we ate our food and drank our...

horrible customer service

On 2 / 27 / 08 about 5:55pm i went through the drive thru and gentleman asked me to hold on, then after about...

employees

O n the night of febuary 18,2008 I went to the churchs chicken on east main street I saw on of the employees cooking chicken without using any gloves and that really bothred me,I asked if they had to wear gloves and he said no then the manger said the same thing as well, I am not in agreement with that because that is nasty to me.The manger also said thatis churchs policy not to wear gloves for chicken cooking.

• Al
    Alfredo Vergo Nov 13, 2008

I worked at Church's Chicken and we were required to use gloves. We would even wear 2 layers of gloves sometimes, to keep them from ripping apart. I also worked at a Wendy's restaurant, and when i cooked the meats, we also didn't require gloves, and believe me when i started working there I had the same complaint. Rest assured, we are required to keep our hands clean at all times, personally i would wash my hands over 20 times during my shift, especially if i left the cooking area.

*The following is MY opinion, not that of Church's Chicken or Wendy's, so don't quote me on this!*
    If your hands are clean, there's really no need to wear gloves. When you cook at home, i don't suppose you cook with gloves, do you? And i know, its not the same, we're dealing with OTHER people's food, but we are required, and we believe in keeping our hands clean at all times. Also, cooking is a fast-paced job, and i can't tell you how many times, while putting meats down on the grill, my fingers touched the 350 degree surface. You get used to it, after a while, but imagine if i were wearing gloves. The latex, or plastic, material of the gloves would instantly melt off and contaminate your food. Plus as soon as the tip of each finger's glove melts off, i'd need a new glove, which would mean further contamination to the meats.

As you can see, its much safer for you to have a trained cook's unprotected hands in contact with your food, than to actually eat burned, melted latex with your meat. Same goes with the chicken in Church's. When putting the chicken in the fryer, often times oil splashes up and lands on your hands and arms. This could easily melt the plastic of the gloves, and contaminate your meat.

*the following is also my opinion, since i no longer work at any of these restaurants*
    If the argument above doesn't do anything for you, think of it this way. The chemicals, preservatives, and other JUNK that goes into making JUNK-food is probably more dangerous than whatever may be on my hands (or sterilized gloves)

• Sn
    Snojack Jan 07, 2009

Are you insane? You could have TB or anything else floating around in your body. And you think we are supposed to be comfortable with someone not wearing gloves while handling our food. Please. It's people like you who give the food service business a bad rep, and justifiably so!!! Just listen to yourself.

-J

contaminated food!

Wed.Feb.6 i purchased a 2pc mixed special, while mixing the mashed potatoes i discovered what looked to be a clot of blood in the potatoes. When i called to complain the woman laughed and said it was some seasoning from the gravy mix. I am a fair cook my self and i know this was not seasoning mix. I would not guess where it come from probably raw chicken. A good place to get salmonella poisoning. Anyway i will not be back ever and i will warn my friends and to do the same.

racism against white people!

It is amazing how black people will yell "discrimination" in a minute but it is okay for them to discriminate...

nasty food, nasty company

My only real experience with Church's came while I was interviewing for a director positon in the...

paid for something, did not get it

I have no car and have not been to church's chicken since for years, but a friend took me there last night, and I ordered two cole slaws for us, and also asked the man at the window for some salt and margarin as I had none at my home. He said ok. When I got home, no cole slaw, no salt, and no margarine. I
Called the manager, and he has they never have margarine for customers, as the rolls and corn on cob have plenty of it on them. My roll and corn were totally dry. Also tonight when I try to call them, at their number of [protected], they will not answer the phone.

• Je
    Jeff Dec 04, 2007

You only paid for the Cole slaw, you didnt get ripped off!!!

service

In March of 2007 I stopped at Church's in Globe Az. I was the only one standing at the counter, althought the drive thru was busy and there were a number of employee's in the back just visiting with one young man working the window. I stood there for 20 minutes without being served, so I went somewhere else to buy my meal.

On October 20th 2007, my son and I went in (my first visit since March) and made a rather large order. I am not a prejudice person, but I feel that we were discriminated against because we were white.

There were 5 mexican employees, including the manager (who was there the last time I was ignored) standing around at the back of the kitchen visiting, and one young white lady named Heather (I know because I asked her) who was taking care of the drive thru, front counter as well as putting food into the fryers. It took her 20 minutes to take care of our order because she was the only one working and our order was big.

Another gentlemen who was eating in the resturant came to get his cup of water refilled, which Heather gladly obliged as she was getting our drinks. He commented "working hard aren't they," to which I commented "well she (Heather) is anyway," and he just nodded in agreement.

I can guarantee you that I will not be returning again, as there is a KFC at the other end of town.

Sincerely

Janet Danilow

rude management

The store was very busy and the manager left out of the store to talk to someone in a car that had pulled up on the lot. I waited, 10 min. Later i asked her to come inside because we had a problem, she then through her hand up at me and continued to talk.

The cashier told me that i could not get my 12 piece mixed chicken without thighs. That's what the problem was that i was having. I'm paying for mixed chicken and you are going to tell me what i can't have.

My family doesn't eat thighs and i have always gotten my chicken like that. I order churches twice a week.

• Mr
    Mr. Lamar S. Jewell Oct 18, 2007

I recently went into the Churchs #459 in Orlando to purchase my dinner for the night. I was using a coupon (from Entertainment '08) for buy one get one free. The shift manager was busy with drive-thru service, so a cook came from the back to take my order.
    I informed the person of what I wanted to only be informed in an abort manner that they don't take those anymore.

I calmly informed the gentleman that I had used a coupon (from the same book) here just two to three weeks ago and it wasn't a problem then; to only be told,"That was then, this is now and we don't take those coupons!"

I just want to know, Who decides when to honor a coupon?

• Co
    CONCERNED CUSTOMER Oct 26, 2007

NOT GONNA SAY WHERE IM FROM BUT CHURCHES CHICKEN IN OPELIKA NEEDS REALITY CHECK, THEY NEED BETTER BACK GROUND CHECKS OF EMPLOYEES, SO CALLED SHIFT LEADERS NEED TO UNDERSTAND THEIR ROLES BEFORE THEY APPLY.LATE EMPLOYEES WOULDN'T LAST LONG IN THE (REAL ) WORLD EVERYTHING FROM THEFT TO DRUGS RUN THROUGH THIS COMPANY, SUPPOSE CAUGHT ON TAPE , I THINK A THROUGH INVESTIGATION WOULD BE NICE.SINCE I DON'T WORK THERE I BELIEVE IT WOULD BE WORTH CHECKING INTO!

evil chicken!

I'm not going to say where i am from. But i bought some church's chicken. Once i ate it then i got sick as a dog. It made me have to go to the bathroom,my stomach was upset, i got so dizzy that i could hardly move. At first i thought it might be me. i never happened again. Then i went to buy the chicken again the same thing happened. THERE IS SOME WICKED ### IN THAT CHICKEN!!! I CAN'T BE THE ONLY PERSON THAT THIS HAS HAPPENED TO!!! THERE IS MORE TO THIS STORY THAT I WILL SHARE WITH ONLY OTHERS WOULD CAN WITNESS TO THIS FACT. NEVER BY ANY OTHER RESTAURANT HAS THIS HAPPENED EXCEPT CHURCH'S. WHEN I SAY SICK I MEAN VOMIT SICK. NOT JUST A LITTLE SICK.

• St
    Sterling Rose Feb 05, 2008

I've gotten sick off of the food at Churchs on Broadway in Garland, Tx. I think Churchs customers ought to unite and file a class action suit against the company.

I wish they had to post their cleanliness marks with the health department. I strongly suspect they are in violation.

poor product

To Whom It May Concern:

Yesterday, Monday, September 10, 2007 I went through your drive-through at the location at Church's #8616 4800 E. Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, Nevada (Ph.#[protected]) to order 2 pieces of your chicken breast plus a biscuit. When I got home to give the chicken to my husband. He was so upset because one of the chicken had hardly any meat in it plus the chicken was dried up. I drove him back to that location and the Hispanic Manager said that the wings were bigger than the breast and that I should have ordered it for him. My husband, "Who are you kidding". Chicken breast are bigger plus the chicken you gave my wife was sitting in your store for a very long time. He was so upset with her and he said for me never go back to Church's Chicken.

• Af
    africa Oct 30, 2008

churchs chicken, north bham, alabama. for those who are familiar with north bham, alabama, you know what I mean.
    Around 12:15 pm, Oct 30, 2008 we went there : hard cold, burned, out-timed, whatever. Okra overcooked, chicken dried out. If you hate your job, find something else.
    Uniforms? Just look at the people, no pride in your job. I have worked in restaurants before, I moved the fastest drive-thru, fastest front line register, #1 in customer service and appreciation. You don't have to be there all your life, but be the best you can be while you are there. This is a store managers problem, and a general managers problem. Be the store that impressed that visitor from New York, for the first time in Bham, Al.

poor customer service!

First let me say i know the management at this location, and she is awesome. she has been with the company 10+ years. She was off this particular day. I ordered 3 family 12 piece tenders meals, over 60.00 worth of food. The employee barked at me that i should have called the order in. Its kind of hard to call the order in when no one answers the phone. They packed the 6 family mashed potatoes & gravy in one small bag. Before i left the parking lot all of them had opened up and spilled all over my brand new truck. When i took it back inside to have them redo the potatoes & gravy they gave me a very bad attitude. I did not pay 60.00 dollars for a bad attitude. I did not get the 2 jalapeno packs i ordered, and the tenders where not spicy like i ordered. So not only did i get a bad attitude from the employee's i did not get all the food i paid for. I know if the manager had been there this would not have happened. These type of people should not be hired for food service if they have such a problem being nice to the customers who pay their salary.

• Ro
    Robert Jacobes Nov 25, 2007

I have done business with your company for years which halted as of 11/25/2017. I visited your drive thru that morning to place an order as I have done many times before. I drove to the window to have your employee push the window open as if I was bugging her, bark at me with the total. No type of greeting at all drop the change in my hand with not even a good morning a thank you or go to hell. I have tolerated your employees rudeness for the last time and will not return and will make sure I inform everyone that I know. Customer service you do not have at this one store. This store is located in Rolling Fork, Mississippi inside the Double Quick. I would have advised you of the store number but it has been removed from the drive thru window I observed on this day. Wonder why...

• Ka
    kaygene zickefoose Dec 04, 2007

December 3,2017 in Cleveland Texas Churches Chicken Management was very rude and I felt that I was being discrimated aganist.didnot get all of my order managenment very rude and that service was awful employees and managers were talking on their cell phones while trying to help customers

Marvin Myers Apr 12, 2008

A few weeks ago I went into the store on pipeline in Hurst tx and ordered two thighs and a biscuit. Getting home I discovered two pieces of something I'm not sure what were but appeared to be part of a wing and something else and were all white meat. I returned to a very abusive young lady who threw the box in the trash and asked what sides I want. I said no sides, just two thighs and a biscuit. When I got home I again discovered the same thing. My daughter who by this time was quite upset over it, took it back up there herself and the same girl told her that she held up a piece of chicken and okay'ed it with me. This she absolutely did not do. She out and out lied. On top of that she spoke to her fellow employies in Spanish and the tone was unmistakeably condesending to my daughter. This time the order was right. Soooo today about 4:45 I thought I'd try it again and went to the drive through. I said, "I want two thighs and a biscuit". "The girl said what kind." "I replied regular." thinking she meant regular or crispy. She said "mashed potatoes or corn". I said, "no, I just want two thighs and a biscuit." She said, "you want two biscuits and a thigh?" I said, "forget it." and drove off. This store and others in the chain have to either stop hireing people who don't speak english and have the mentality of a small rock or start training them to recognize what parts of a chicken look like and how to improve on their people skills. From what I hear, this is a problem rampant within the chain of stores and I will not be going back.

• Ed
    Ed Oct 04, 2008

The "Churches Chicken" in Montgomery, Al. Lower Wetumpka Rd.36110 workers are very prejudis.It doesnt matter, if you are in line and the next customer up to the counter .They will ignore you and wait on everyone else, in back of you in line, then look at you and say "Whada you want?"This is no way to run a business.

chris Nov 15, 2008

Churches chicken does have good food, but their service and the cleanliness of their restraunts is bad.
    But I think it has to do with not having enough employee's compared to the business they do. The employee's are overwhelmed by the amount of customers they have, so they are not able to give the best service.

mary k. hardy Nov 28, 2008

I AND MY FAMILY HAVE BEEN EATING THIS CHICKEN FOR YEARS, BUT I MUST SAY THE CHURCHES LOCATION ON MARKET STREET IN HOUSTON, TX. 77029 IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST. I 'VE RECEIVED CONTINUED BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE AND HORRIBLE FOOD AND THEY HAVE A VERY HIGH TURNOVER OF EMPLOYEES. WHEN THEY OPENED AFTER HURRICANE IKE THEY SERVED ME SPOILED CHICKEN TWICE AND THEY CONTINUALLY USE THE SAME GREASE MANY TIMES ME AND MY MOM HAD WENT BY AND ALL THE DOORS WERE OPEN TO ALLIVIATE THE HORRIBLE SMELL AND SMOKE, NEEDLESS TO SAY I NO LONGER VISIT THAT CHURCHES. IT IS VERY SAD TO HAVE CHURCHES CHICKEN BE SO BADLY REPRESENTED IN THIS COMMUNITY WE DESERVE MUCH MUCH BETTER WE ALL WORK HARD FOR OUR MONEY AND TIMES ARE HARD NOW.I'M DISSAPPOINTED AND ANGRY THAT I HAVE TO DRIVE FARTHER FOR THE CHICKEN MY FAMILY AND I ARE USE TO. NO MATTER WHAT PERSON DOES FOR ALIVING THEY SHOULD HAVE THE UTMOST PRIDE IN IT. THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT ALSO SHOULD TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT THIS CHURCHES. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME SINCERELY YOURS DISGUSTED!!!

• Be
    Bernda Wright Dec 19, 2008

I whent to a churches chicken thay got my order wrong and thay charged me to much so I called the store talked to the manger he said he would take care of it I could not go back had to get to dialysis so he said when I came back whent back one week later he was not there and manger that was did not know a thing I will not go to churches chicken agin

Sandy Feb 04, 2009

I have gone to the Church's in Surprise, AZ several times and we like the food but the service is always bad. They either get the order wrong, over charge me, or are just plain rude. Last night we went through the drive thru and I asked for 2 orders of chicken strips and 2 extra biscuts when I got up there he ran my credit card for 1 order of strips and 4 biscuts and mashed all of it into 1 little box when he gave me the order I told him I ordered 2 he got mad and said he would have to ring it up again and gave me grive then gave me a box that when I got home and opened it I found 2 of the strips where all of 2 inches long each. I'm sure this was done to spite me and this is the manager... I think I'm done with Church's for awhile.

• Ka
    Karl Hampton Aug 20, 2009

We are a family from Zachary La and have been eating Churches Chicken for years and have to drive quite a few miles to partake of this delight. Sorry to say that on two(2) separate occassions we have been totally disappointed in not only the service that we received but the food was cold and we did not receive the order correctly in the peices nor all items ordered. We as a family always order the 20 piece with the large sides, I personally like to order the jalapenos, and extra biscuits, but to make a long story short, I really don't like it when the family is so diappointed that it starts an argument between the wife and myself even several days later as to if she called about this complaint or not. I don't like to spend money to feel uncomfortable about what I have spent my money on. Forever long customers.

poor food quality!

I was just in the Kingsland, GA Church's Chicken store located at the Petro outlet. Ordered a 10 piece white, half original and half spicy. And since they had just brought out some fresh chicken I asked if I could get that. When I got home, the spicy chicken was the texture of jerky, (I'd been given the old stuff that had been sitting for who knows how long). The person waiting on me moved slower than... She didn't seem like she cared about anything. Makes me wonder how many people driving through the area get the leftovers. I grant you I don't have a southern accent, but still. This is the second time I've gotten poor service and borderline edible chicken in there. I won't be back. And I'll make sure I tell my story to a lot of people.

• Al
    Aldrin Oct 22, 2007

I visited their drive thru about one month ago at a Houston Texas location the smell in the drive thru surrounding was foul anyway I just brush it off as the general surroundings, and continue with my purchase of a 12 piece chicken bucket, on reaching home my kids started to eat first and then I joined them about 5 minutes later on taking my first bite I found the chicken odor very similar to that I smell at their drive thru, the chicken had just started to spoil, I told my kids to stop eating and call their customer service to my surprise their was some one to answer the call 12:30 am I spoke to one Chanel and the service was quite nice but all the nice customer service ended there, I have called them for the last 3 weeks and they informed me that they are working on the complaint it is just over a month and they have never contacted me, I still have the chicken in my freezer together with the bills and I am thinking about going public with it.

Chris Jan 12, 2008

Why didn't you return the chicken the same or the next day? You are supposed to talk with the district/regional manager.

• Ke
    Kenneth M. Norman Aug 07, 2008

I Visit the churches chicken in north st louis near downtown st louis mo. many times and the placeis wack. The employees are dirty and handle the food in a very unclean manor. I have seen a female employee push ice into a cup with her hand.and chicken returned to the restaurant put back on line for a reserve and most recently the manager transporting chicken in his rear seat on a 88 degree day. I have been in the retail meat bussiness for forty years and u dont do that. Churches clean up this place and clean those employee. They all play

• Dh
    D. Hyde Dec 01, 2008

I JUST CAME HOME WITH CHURCH'S CHICKEN ORDER...WANTED A MIX OF BREAST, LEGS AND WINGS...ALL I GOT WAS LEGS AND BACKS AND THIGHS...DID NOT HAVE THE MASHED POTATOES AND BISCUITS I ORDERED...IT TOOK THEM 20 MINS. TO WAIT ON ME, AGAIN...I WILL NEVER GO BACK AGAIN...THIS STORE IS LOCATED IN HAMMOND, LOUISIANA ON RAILROAD AVE...WORSE PLACE IN THE WORLD...I WILL ALSO LET MY FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS KNOW ABOUT THIS TOO...

lack of food, unclean, broken drive thru speaker

I recently moved to area of town that is less fortunate than some. I am a Church Chicken lover. I patronized...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices