Choice Home Warranty / none payment

1 Menifee, CA, United States Review updated:

I am a licensed contractor in Heating, Air conditioning and appliance reapair. I signed on with Choice home warranty about a year ago. They sent me to a job, And I got an approval over the phone to do the work. After about 30 days, I didnt recieve payment for the job. I called them to see what had happined. There office told me that I never filled out there contractor application agreement. "Funny", they where able to send me to do a job and do work. But when its time to pay, I dont exist!?!... After 5 months I did get payment. After all that, I didnt care about doing any work for them. I got a call from the contractor relations guy in january to see if I can still service there calls. I reluctantly agreed, the rep told me it was not normal and I would be payed regularly every 45 days. Its now May and am getting payments from January. I had parts I had to order for there jobs and never did because I was waiting to see if they would pay. To bad for the poor customer that pays for a policy and has to be put on hold because the contractor dosnt know if he will get payed. I have terminated all relationship with them and called every one of those customers and explained what was going on. Not a good thing for me to do, but am not gonna have the customer upset with me when its the warranty company that dosnt pay for claims.

Comments

• Ap
      9th of Jun, 2011

Call the customers to collect. they will call CHW and complain. then get promise of payment in writing signed by troy mcdermott before you agree to stop calling customers telling them how CHW refuses to pay you, leaving the responsibility to pay past due balances to the customers! Stanley Goodspeed gets pissed when you call customers but you will get paid. I DID!

• Ga
      1st of Aug, 2011

Stanley Goodspeed...yup.. that's the guy who called me too trying to pacify me... just to leave me waiting for another two weeks.. but that's alright...I just got off the phone with one of the customers.. and asked her nicely to please call choice home warranty to see why we have not gotten paid yet... I am sure that will go over well !!