Chegg.com / Customer Service

I too ordered from Chegg in Fall of 2017 and again in Spring 2017. In the fall I only received 1 book out of 4 ordered and it took them weeks to answer my emails and refund my money. Forget calling the customer service number, no one answers...ever! You get an automated voice telling you to call back later.

I thought I would give them a second chance so again in the Spring 2017 (first week in February 2017) I ordered three books. I paid for priority shipping, one book arrived 5 days later (priority is 2-3 days) and it was the WRONG BOOK, the second is still in transit and it is now day 7 and the third is lost so far.

I have sent 4 emails and NO ONE WILL ANSWER OR ADDRESS MY ISSUES. Do not order from CHEGG.COM, thier customer service is non-existant and you will not get your books that you need for your classes.

Comments

• Jj
      26th of Feb, 2009

Just had a HORRIBLE experience just attempting to order a book. So glad I had this trouble BEFORE the ordering process because it spared me spending money with this terrible, joke of a company. (Will post my own complaint seperately.)

• Do
      14th of Mar, 2009

I ordered a badge from pogo.com games and already have it, so would appreat it if you would return my gems 16 so I can get something I haven't got. thanks doreen373 e-mail is [protected]@sympatico.ca

• Sc
      28th of Oct, 2009
    Chegg.com - received unordered book, really hard to contact customer service
    Chegg.com (aka Books in Print, R.R. Bowker LLC)
    2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 1400
    Santa Clara
    California
    Phone: 888/992-4344
    chegg.com

received unordered book, really hard to contact customer service, couldn't access site since I didn't have an account and don't know how they could've sent me a book or how I would pay them. trying to navigate their site is horrible and trying to get help, you have to enter a question in this field but after that you enter an infinite loop because the buttons for live chat and call don't work. you have to search the site and end up going to terms of use to find their telephone number, which i then got a message that they weren't open.

• Jd
      25th of Jun, 2010
    Chegg.com - Unorganized

This company has given me nothing but headaches. I have been trying for over a month to receive my payment for selling them my textbook. Now, they had no trouble processing the textbook when they received it, but now they are "having trouble" sending me my payment. I have been ordering textbooks online for years and never have I had as much frustration and disappointment in a company. I only used this company because it seemed like a new and upcoming company that even plants trees, going green, I guess, but my experience has been a nightmare. Well, I guess you live and you learn, and you must hit a few bumps in the road before you can find the good ones.

• Le
      9th of Sep, 2010
    Chegg.com - Poor customer service
    Chegg.com

I heard of Chegg.com from a co-worker while I was living in Killeen, Texas. It was the Spring semester of 2017, and I decided to give them a try. Everything was great. Well, I guess the mistake I made was to relocate to Dallas, Texas because I decided to rent my textbooks through Chegg again for the Fall semester. I edited and updated my account information with my new adddress to prevent any mix-ups. I ordered a total of five books. Two of my textbooks were shipped to my old address in Killeen and the other three books were shipped to my new address in Dallas. I was so upset, as the semester had already started and I was behind on my homework assignments. I called Chegg almost daily, and I was always told that a supervisor would have to handle my complaint. The custromer service that I received was very, very poor. I realize that mistakes do happen and it is very possible for shipments to go to the wrong place, but it took TWO weeks for a supervisor to contact me and to finally admit their error. The supervisor offered me a 10 percent discount coupon for a future order! Can you believe that? It is no way that I will rent my textbooks from this company again! I may as well have spent the extra money and purchased my books from the college bookstore or from a company like, Amazon, com. Sometimes cheaper is not always better. To Chegg customer service reps/supervisors: take a tip and be oriented on proper customer service etiquette. Because you need it.