Having problems with Zoobooks?

+1 800 992 5034 (Customer Service)
+1 800 326 7803 (Book Club Membership Inquiries)
+1 866 471 1857 (Product Order Inquiries)
11100 Wildlife Center Drive
Fri7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sat8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun8:30 AM - 5:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

Resolved unauthorized access to my bank account

Was checking my bank account the other day and noticed that ZOOBOOKS had charged over 50.00 to my bank without my authorization or knowledge. Last month I went online to order a special deal subscription for my grandson...that's all. I'm on SSI and every dollar counts so this really hurt my pocket. I was told it would be fixed and the money would be refunded. That's great, but if it doesn't get there in time I will be charged overdraft charges on everything else I have set up to be automatically paid. It's too bad also, as my grandchildren love this magazine and I would probably have dealt with them for many years to come...not now...in fact I am now cancelling every online purchasing and recommending same to everyone I know. I can't say about other companies, but if ZOOBOOKS can do it, who is to say it won't happen with other websites. That little padlock that say's this is a secure siste is useless.

unauthorized access to my bank account

RESOLVED

• Zoobooks's response · Jan 21, 2016

Zoobooks never charges credit cards without authorization; however, someone can use your card at Zoobooks without your knowledge, which is a common form of online credit card fraud. Zoobooks takes measures to prevent such fraud, but it can still happen. As in your case, whenever we find it, we fix it. But you should contact your credit card company to ensure your card is secure.

Fraud

I placed a subscription order for Zoobooks magazine which had a 100% Moneyback Guarantee:

"100% Money Back GUARANTEE: If you ever decide Zoobooks isn't for you, we'll refund your money in FULL, EVERY penny back--No questions asked"

After receiving the magazine and finding it was not for us, I cancelled the subscription and asked for a FULL refund. I was informed that I was entitled only to a refund of unserved issues. They claim that their guarantee clearly states that; however, as is evidenced in the actual guarantee reprinted above (which I have a copy of), it does not say anything about partial refunds. The primary reason I tried the magazine in the first place was because of the supposed FULL 100% money-back guarantee. Repeated requests to the company for a FULL refund have been returned with a form letter claiming that they only provide refunds for unserved issues. It is apparent that they either changed their guarantee policy at some point or that they are an unscrupulous business.