Barnes & Noble Booksellers Logo

Barnes & Noble Booksellers

Having problems with Barnes & Noble Booksellers?

Barnes & Noble Booksellers Customer Service Contacts

1800 843 2665 (Customer Service)
+1 201 559 3882 (Customer Service)
+1 866 238 7323 (Membership)
+1 800 962 6177 (General Inquiries)
+1 646 760 3992 (Text Only)
122 Fifth Avenue
Thu8:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 11:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Barnes & Noble Booksellers Customer Service. Initial Barnes & Noble Booksellers complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Barnes & Noble Booksellers above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Barnes & Noble Booksellers. Discuss the issues you have had with Barnes & Noble Booksellers and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Barnes & Noble Booksellers Complaints & Reviews

Barnes & Noble BooksellersFaithless in death, not delivered

In early to mid-January, I purchased three books to be sent to me. Two had not yet been released. The one that was delivered was "Lillian Boxfish Takes A Walk." So no complaint there.

Faithless in Death was released on Feb. 9. I have not received it yet. The purchase number was [protected] and the total $63.99 was put on my VISA debit card.

I have never had a problem ordering and receiving books timely from you. Please let me know when I will receive my book or send me a credit so I can purchase it.

Yours truly,
Carol Rosen
9355 SW Downing Drive, #57
Beaverton, Oregon 97008

Barnes & Noble BooksellersHarassment by Employee

I am a regular Customer at the Barnes & Noble bookstore in the Lansing (MI.) Mall. On two occasions an Employee has cautioned me about wearing a mask. I believe the first time was in December 2020, when I was sitting alone in a chair DRINKING a latte with my mask in my hand. I was told my a female Employee (name unknown) to put my mask on. She saw I was DRINKING a latte I purchased from Barnes & Noble (as I do EVERY WEEK), & said "I could put my mask down between sips". Then she sent Jason the local Manager over to speak with me. He only said it's company policy to inform Management when it involves a mask. Then on Friday (1/27/21), this same Employee tells me again when my Latte is beside my mouth about to take a sip. She again says I must put on my mask which I had dangling on one ear, trying to drink the Latte as fast as I can for FEAR of being harassed. I also want to say that in November, 2020 in the Starbucks seating area, I WITNESSED Michael (prior Manager before Jason) socialize with his wife & 2 other people. NONE OF THEM HAD MASKS ON!!! The Starbucks Employees had to have seen them but no one said anything to them OR reported it to Management!!! I do have a witness who saw this as well. I WOULD LIKE THIS COMPLAINT TO BE FORWARDED TO AREA SUPERVISOR WHO IS OVER THE ENTIRE BOOKSTORE.

Jan 10, 2021

Barnes & Noble Booksellers — Face mask policy

Barnes and Noble Corporate response to Face Mask Policy states: Our standard policy is to require customer...

Dec 05, 2020

Barnes & Noble Booksellers — Customer service

I was in the Greenwood Park Mall location with my husband. We understand the importance of masks. He has one...

Jul 31, 2020

Barnes & Noble Booksellers — Publishing

Sean Diddy Combs lied about the fact that he and model of Sean John, Bobby Lorenzo agreed to let me use their...

Jul 06, 2020

Barnes & Noble Booksellers — Publishing

CEO William Lynch is allowing Sean Diddy Combs and his attorney Jonathan D. Davis to harass me by bribing the...

Jul 06, 2020

Barnes & Noble Booksellers — Publishing

CEO William Lynch is allowing troubled Sean Diddy Combs and his attorney Jonathan Davis to harass me. The two...

Jun 06, 2020

Barnes & Noble Booksellers — A book I bought online

I paid for a book. Had it delivered electronically. Didn't access it away (Did things with friends!) I...

Barnes & Noble BooksellersCommentary on the Book of Revelation

On 4/29/20 I released a book for sale on B&N Press titled "Understanding the Book of Revelation: Translated Literally, Illustrated Lavishly, Interrogated Thoroughly." It is now 5/16 and the book has not yet been printed despite B&N's website which says to expect 3-5 days for a hardcover book to print. I have written four emails and received only delayed and generic responses. I have ordered $400 worth of books and while I am waiting for B&N to actually do its job, I am locked out of canceling my order or uploading any corrections to the text. According to B&N's actions, I just have to sit and wait for them to do their job with no recourse available to me. To add insult to injury, the U.S. Copyright Office requires that I send two copies of my book to the Library of Congress within 30 days of my application. This is now becoming impossible due to B&N's incompetence.

May 04, 2020

Barnes & Noble Booksellers — Magazine and tv channel subscriptions

I'm trying to cancel two auto pay subscriptions on my Barnes and Noble Account: Reader's Digest...

Mar 30, 2020

Barnes & Noble Booksellers — customer service

My name is Selene Rubio. I am a frequent shopper at Barnes and Noble. I got a divorce and decided to open my...

Jan 23, 2020

Barnes & Noble Booksellers — book fair - barnes and noble paid us nothing and rendered no accounting

Barnes and Nobel reached out to our school through email. We didn't call them. Like others who posted here...

Barnes & Noble Booksellersauto membership renewal

I have clearly stated to B&N sales clerk that I do not want the membership to be auto-renewed, B&N deducted $27.25 from my bank account to renew annual membership without my permission. After one year later, there was another deduction of $27.25 after I have visited the B&N to stop the auto renewal of B&N. This is a fraud and bad practice by B&N. I am changing my bank card to stop B&N from deducting from my bank account.

Dec 11, 2019

Barnes & Noble Booksellers — service human resource

Several years ago, 2014 was told I banned from Barnes & Nobles in union Square Barnes & Nobles> I was one or...

Oct 21, 2019

Barnes & Noble — billed for a procedure I didn't have.

Received a bill dated 10-15-19 for a Bone Replace Graft 1st on 7-10-18 for $545.50. I did not have a bone...

Barnes & Noble Booksellersthe book "if you give a pig the white house"

Up until recently, Barnes & Noble has shown increasing antipathy toward the incumbent President. This book goes too far. Had you been equally willing to sell material lampooning Barack Obama to this point, I would be saying nothing. You have a decision to make: Either you sell material that is even handed, which means that this vicious parody would be removed, or you continue to show your contempt for both the incumbent President and the American People. It is your choice. If you decide to continue on the path you are on now, you will find yourself losing business in increasing increments. I for one shall be boycotting your establishment. It is quite a disappointment for me. I used to be quite fond of your book store. Do note the past tense.

Oct 08, 2019

Barnes & Noble Booksellers — if you give a pig the white house

This is not an acceptable book to be having for children, in your stores. If this had been done about the...

Barnes & Noble Booksellersif you give a pig the white house

Shame on you for carrying this "book". "How dare you"? To target children with such inflammatory political garbage is reprehensible. We should be teaching our youth respect for others, not ugly name-calling and deviciveness. Name me a book you supplied that attacked Obama like this. Demonstrating your political partisanship is bad enough in the adult section. Aren't you struggling enough against the decline of the written word?

• Co
                CommonSenseThinker Oct 08, 2019

This book is in the humor section, not the children’s, and is a parody. It is carried at other retailers like Walmart and previously Target until people like you surprised free speech. Oh and Amazon sells it too. There were some books like this about Obama, Hillary, and even Bush back in the day. Parody material usually is prominent during a politicians time in office.

Barnes & Noble Booksellersthe book entitled if you give a pig the white house

I will no longer be shopping in any of your stores until this vile and disgusting book is removed. The fact that such hate is being directed at our President and presented as a subject to teach children is despicable. I am 100% certain it never would be on your shelves if it had been pictured with former President Obama. This is a totally unacceptable treatment of our duly elected President! I am throughly and completely disgusted. You should be ashamed, as should the publisher and ESPECIALLY the author.

Barnes & Noble Booksellersif you give a pig the white house!!

For years, I have supported Barnes and Noble. Instead of ordering from Amazon, I chose to go go to a real bookstore!!!

No longer will I do so. This is so disrespectful, to 63 million Americans!!! Our President, our country!!!

Bad decision. you have lost lots of customers. Within the next 2-3 years, you will no longer exist.

Hope it was worth it.

• Updated by Janice Saavedra · Oct 07, 2019

Seeing the book, A Pig in the White House, was disgusting!!!

Sorry to see you go, but I will never step foot in your stores again, as will many others. Hope it was worth it.

• Ke
                    Kenneth Samson Oct 08, 2019

On a related note...

Teespring.com/was-it-wrong

• Bo
                    Boopsie Boops Oct 07, 2019

Seriously?
                    I will never enter a place that disrespects our President.
                    Shame on you.