[Resolved] CheapoAir.com / fradulent website/false advertising/ horrible outsourced customer service with language barrier

I purchased a one way fare last night @ 10:54 pm from IND to LAX one way. I was told the flight was $297. I input my credit card information, and received a confirmation and booking number via email. I went to sleep peacefully knowing I purchased my ticket. I woke up today, and I received an email from Cheapoair.com @ 4:52 am (almost 6 or 7 hrs later) stating that the fare for my ticket increased, and that my ticket would not be confirmed until I called or emailed them to accept the increased fare. Mind you, in my email there is a confirmation and travel itinerary for the ticket I was told was confirmed.

I called their customer service line, which is outsourced somewhere in India, so there was a language barrier there. I talked to the rep, and they must give them a sheet of standard responses to read to American customers who call, because no matter what I said, she would only respond by saying they had no control over what the airlines do. I was frustrated and told them to cancel my ticket, at the new price they quoted me, (after telling me my other ticket with the lower fare was confirmed) I could have just purchased the tix directly thru the airline for a cheaper price.

I told them I was going to sue them for false advertising ( I have the proof with the email saying my tix was confirmed), I asked the rep for the address to forward legal correspondence, she did not understand me when I asked her this (her crash course english for dummies class did not teach her such words). She put the phone down without telling me to hold, and asked her boss some questions because of our language barrier, and I guess he told her to disconnect our call, because that's what she did.

After reading all of these complaints on the many different websites, I am seriously going to pursue a class action law suit against this company. They are a fraud, and a rip off. And to all the other consumers out there here is a tip: If you look on Cheapoair's website, at their published fares and then look at the airline, they are publishing those fares for, most of the time, the airlines published fare is cheaper than cheapoair's website.

They are a ripoff and I am going to report them in everyway I can.

Good luck!

• Resolution statement

• CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Oct 22, 2008

This customer did contact our office and she had two different airlines on her reservation. She received an email confirmation from us within minutes advising her of her confirmed transaction on our website. However, the email also stated that her credit card would be charged in two seperate transaction and she would be receiving the information in another email, containing her ticket numbers. If she did not receive that to contact our office. The email did not confirm that the airline tickets had been issued or her creditcard was charged.

The ticket went up 15.00, she did call our office and did authorize the higher fare. Well one of the airline segments we issued with no problem. when it came to issuing the 2nd ticket her credit card was declined. She did not have another form of payment, so she asked to cancel this booking!

Also, while listening to the taped phone call, the agent did place the phone down to ask her manager a question, however, she did not hang up on the customer the call did disconnect, but not by the cheapoair agent!

randrews@cheapoair
    customer support
    866-636-9088

• CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Apr 20, 2009

Carole, please provide me with the booking confirmation for this reservation. I truly would like to research this and find the benefit that CheapOair.com would of had in changing your flights!

Could it be that the airline went through a schedule change, and you did not reconfirm your flights with the airlines 48hours prior for any changes, this is advised on all bookings. Therefore, the schedule change had not been worked by the airlines to allow a sufficient connecting flight. CheapOair.com cannot go in and change a customers flight schedule the only ones who can modify any bookings is the airlines themselves.

randrews@cheapoair.com
    Customer Support
    CheapOair.com
    866-636-9088

Al

Comments

• Ca
      14th of Feb, 2009

Be aware they also change your itinerary. They left me stranded at LAX. When I called them, the woman( who failed English for dummies), told me that since I failed to get my reservation changed, there was nothing thwey could do. I asked to speak to a supervisor who spoke English, put on hold again, just to get another women, (who failed the same course), who told me to keep calling back untill I reached someone who speaks English.

• Ai
      15th of Jul, 2009

I would like to start a class action lawsuit against all airlines and airline affiliate travel sites for false advertising or bait and switch on these airfares, Let's band together and put a stop to this!!!

• 2t
      14th of Oct, 2011

cheap oair is a ripoff shows low prices when try to book the fares get replaced with a way higer price, stay away from these guys. or matter of fact give it a shot aand youll see for urself what kind of ripoff these guys are.