Chasehealthadvance / mishandling of account

1 1717 Hermitage Blvd, Suite 101Tallahassee, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 850-894-8720

There seems to be a pattern with this company after reading other complaints. I have worked with this company when it was under Unicorn with no problem. My account was paid on time and I paid more than what was required at the time. Two months ago they switched to ChaseHealthAdvance, since then my first bill came late and the second one never came at all. No problems for a year and now that they changed companies there have been two problems in two months. They seem very unwilling to work with me to correct their mistake and keep giving me the delay tactic. I call at the beginning of the month was told that someone would look into the matter and get back to me. No one did!!! I have called multiply people; I get voice mails, but no return phone calls. There has to be a law firm out there willing to look into this matter, maybe a class action. It seems like this is common practice with them. When you get to the end of your contract that is when they screw up your account and hit you with fees. Could this be the reason why they switched from Unicorn to ChaseHealthAdvance. Are they trying to stay one step ahead of the Better Business Bureau? DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY... Dentist offices should not tell their clients to use this company. It reflects badly on them for recommending such a shady company.

Comments

3rd of Jul, 2008

Adjustments/corrections can be made by ChaseHealthAdvance. After many phone calls and redirecting, ChaseHealthAdvance stated that they would adjust my account. After dealing with some of the customer service people at Chase and reading many of your blogs I was sure that it was the end and nothing would be done to change this situation. I sent in my PAID IN FULL check and figured I would have to contact the State Attorney’s office and BBB regarding this issue. I paid it off because I did not want this to effect my credit rating. I was surprise when I receive a phone call from Caesar(a manager in the service department). Not that he had called, because he did state that he would call, but after speaking to a few service people yesterday I figured I was be given the slip. I try to treat others with honesty and I am not always sure I get that in return. Caesar stated that he reviewed my case and that Chase would cancel the financial charges. Then he also apologized for any misinformation I may have received from the service staff. He explain that it is a new company and that they were trying to work out any problems whereas to better serve clients in the future. He stated that a refund would be made to me regarding the charges. I am entrusting that ChaseHealthAdvance upholds their end of this agreement and does refund my finance charges. I hope after writing this blog that there will be a honest, good faith effort by Chase, as a result myself and others can continue to work with them and their loan department.

• Ne
      20th of Aug, 2008
    ChaseHealthAdvance - Billing
    JP Morgan Chase
    chasehealthadvance.com

When they even bother sending my statement (which is not frequently, as I've gotten about five total in the last nine months), it usually arrives far too late to mail the payment in with the statement. I've had to just priority mail them a check every month. Add that to the fact that they don't offer any kind of online payment or bank draft, and it's pretty clear that they're just waiting for you to forget one month so they can slap you with a near-criminal 30% interest rate. I signed up with this company because it was the one my orthodontist offered, but honestly, you're better off getting a credit card from a reputable company with some kind of no-interest promotion.

• Ph
      28th of Aug, 2008

I totally agree with you in this matter. If there is something that I can do to make this go away, I would. I just went through the exact same thing, the company sends me a bill and I have not even got the paperwork on the loan. I just received my first bill and it says that I am behind in my payments of two months and I just received my first bill on yesterday, how crazy is that...

• Je
      24th of Nov, 2008

hi, I had a similar problem with ChaseHealthAdvance. One of the worst comapny to deal with. I signed up with this company because my laser doctor only offiered them and i never dealt with them before, but the customer service at chase is really bad and will never asnwer any questions. First i didn't recieve my statments because according to them they were sending at wrong address and i called in to get them emailed so i won't be late on my payments. So they added $39 dollar late charge and when i called to explain the situtuation they were very rude and unwilling to help. I would never do bussiness with Chase and their late payments department is one of the worst. I really wish this company gets out of bussiness .

• Ol
      2nd of Apr, 2009

I just got a phone call from Chase and they are terribly unprofessional. Pretty much same issues as above. So how do you do it? how do I tell them that they are not going to get $800 + out of me for finance charges?
    I need help, Please!

• Ro
      12th of May, 2009
    ChaseHealthAdvance - Overcharged
    ChaseHealthAdvance
    chasehealthadvance.com

I just paid over $850 in extra fees and interest on a loan from ChaseHealthAdvance. Beware of questionable business practices including delays in processing of your payments, extra fees, changes in your loan due date, huge interest charges if ChaseHealth considers a payment late, non-response to complaints & disputes, poor customer service, and the list goes on. It was like pulling teeth to get a copy of the loan terms and by then it was too late. Be sure to do your research and check for complaints, and the BBB rating before signing up for a loan from ChaseHealth, Unicorn, ChasehealthAdvance or any other name they may use.

• Li
      15th of Jun, 2009

I definitely agree with you Robert since I've gone through a similar situation my self. I was overcharged extra interest even when they have received my full payment for the balance on my loan. It is very unethical business practice and dentists and patients should definitely do their research well before they get themselves into thier trap.

• Jf
      30th of Jun, 2009

Agree, chasehealthadvance is taking advantage of every customer and keep charging extra fees. I fell behind on my payments and they put me into a program that it will extend my payoff balance to 24 payments but they have charged me about $175.00 in three months for late fees even though I have never sent a payment late since I got into this program. they are charing $35.00 for phone conversations and $39 for late fees. They are really taking advantage of my situation.

• Ge
      22nd of Jul, 2009

I have had the same problems with this company. I made extra payment in a month to cover the next month and they wouldn't except it. I was told I was a month behind and that extra money was just deducted from my balance. I was charged $35.00 for .82cents. I asked to change my payment date and I was told that it would cost me $15.00. I called to speak with a supervisor and was not given the right. Instead I was told that I had contacted them on July 10th about some charges . They called me, and I wasn't given the right to speak to a supervisor. even after I told them I would put it in writing to the Better Business Bureau, nothing was done. This company is a rip-off and physicians that use them should stop, its says a lot about their business.