Chase Visa Card / rude customer service

I have WAMU visa card, which is taken over by Chase bank now. Chase has converted WAMU home page to "Chase" during march 7, 8, 9, 2009. I had set up online payment since I had WAMU card, but Chase has changed it, as a result my March statement payment didn't go thru, and chase charged $ 39.0 late fee + Finance charge. When contacted customer service, call wdiverted to Phillipines. Customer service Rep was very rude and not courteous and didn't care to answer any question. When asked She didn't provide her Rep ID number, she didn't tell her last name, which city she is located. She didn't accept complaint over the phone. she didnt provide address where to send written complaint. She didn't waive late fee + finance charge and kept arguing on each sentence and humilating the customer, as this is all customers fault. if Chase website was not working for 3 day. and she cannot do any thing in this situation.

I have other credit cards like Discover card, Amex card, Wachovia Visa, Capital One Master card and their customer service Reps have been help ful and couteous and easy to do business. I shall not recommend Chase Cards to any body. They have out sourced customer service in Asia, it sucks.

Sk

Comments

• Gi
      9th of May, 2009

just for future reference dont be shy, just say ' sorry i can't understand you, is there someone else i can speak to?
    I always do, sometimes even ask directly 'can i speak to an american?'

Most times, you will get transferred to one.. i can never understand what these reps are saying and not only that they seem to have a different view of how to 'help' the customer than someone of my own culture.

Any time you phone the bank its a hassle, so at least, if im paying good money, i'm not gonna settle for some hard to understand & rude foreigner.

• Ba
      8th of Sep, 2009

When my WAMU card changed to chase they changed terms on my account to raise interest rates. One month later they will close your account. after your acct is closed they will again send you an opt out form to send to stop the increase in your interest rate, but since your acct has been closed by them you are not eligible to stop the interest rate change. This is fraudulent because as a payment paying customer you still have rights per the federal trade commission consumer protection division. Do like me and pay it off so they can't use the interest to pay their CEO's millions. I have complained to the FTC but I still haven't found the person to send all my physical evidence of what happened to me. I used registered returned receipt mail for all my correspondence. JPMorgan Chase are crooks. v/r q