Chase Online Banking / overcharged
Chase needs to send a letter to RBS so that RBS can release the $500 that was misdirected to them. I use Chase for my online banking and paying all of my bills. Before sending the payments there is a screen asking if the information is correct. Looking at the account numbers, it seemed fine. After clicking to confirm it is right, the payee was changed on one of the payments. I contacted RBS about refunding the $500 payment and there was something unusual so they need Chase to send them a letter explaining the computer error. After contacting Chase multiple times, they refuse to accept that their servers could have made an error and will not send the letter, blaming me for the problem. My next step is contacting the New York States Attorney General's Office.
Because of the misdirected payment, I was given a $39 late fee by the company that should have received the payment which was waived. However, they can not waive the interest that will be added, over $400, for the one year introductory. Since this is the fault of Chase bank for not sending a letter, I will be expecting them to refund that amount as well.
More Chase Online Banking Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Bank - closed my account without notice 
- Chase - denied fraud claim 
- Chase Home Finance, LLC - mortgage fraud/scam 
- Chase Auto Finance - vehicle repossession after payment arrangement was made 
- Chase Home Finance - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure! 
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - Closed bank account and can't acces money
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - customer service during the camp fire in california
- JP Morgan Chase Bank - checking account
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - awful customer service
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - service